Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

First meet up

1. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Hey chickies I'm thinking since we all will be recently sleeved that we make our first official meet up in say 3 months..maybe a pre Xmas one. Any 1 got any ideas on where and what to do?
  2. sydneygirl
    sydneygirl
    sounds grate what about a day spa pamper package????? - just thinking????? mini make overs???? ........ or up for any type of meet up really just putting in my two cents OMG so worried about tomorrow but by november think we earned a treat
  3. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    Love the idea, we certainly have a common interest and I am sure there are many other SYdney region people around. Mini makeover, facial, massage or some indulgence for us. Lunch? Where does everyone live, maybe we need to think about where to meet up.
    Today I had the nails and waxing done ready for Wednesday' s surgery. Having cosmetic tattooing on the eyelids tomorrow and post op cosmetic tattooing on lower eyelid. Needed to spend some money on myself - not buying clothes for awhile are we? Oh and having a hair cut Tuesday. This isn't for the hospital part, but so I can feel at least it is a new start.
    Lots of good thoughts and look forward to hearing from you.
    Amanda
  4. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Sounds good to me a day of pampering is hard to resist
  5. sydneygirl
    sydneygirl
    i am at north ryde btu happy to travle up to one hr each way ..... thatsabout my max before i get cranky in the car LOL
  6. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Yep I can do that too I'm near bankstown
  7. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    I am in Newtown, but can travel anywhere to suit. There is always M type motorway or Freeway somewhere.
  8. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Maybe the city..heaps of options in there
  9. donnagirl
    donnagirl
    Well i can travel up I suppose lol. I will most probably travel with Mobbsy so wont be too bad. I dont mind where we go but dont get too excited about eating because thats one thing we wont be able to do much of hehe, its the same with coffee.
  10. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Oh c'mon Donna we can get a meal or two n share Lolz cud u imagine that a group of us sitting around a plate of food it would definitely get a few looks haha it reminds me of me n my sis in law we did this 10 km bush walk in national park (wattamola to garie beach and back) a couple of years back and afterwards we had chinese seafood combo with steamed rice and we were stuffed but giggled the whole way through the meal because we shared it.
  11. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    We can all share, what we do is just order a few things in the middle of the table and share it. Like seafood, Chinese- naturally steamed, stir fry, nothing deep fried.
    Or we could just this once, share a piece of Pizza! No, I know I shouldn't even go there, but by November, after being so good, surely one piece of Pizza might be nice as a celebration!
    xxx
  12. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Lol whatever we choose I know that it's Gunna be dirt cheap ur in such a great area for food Amanda so many good restaurants and cafe's in Newtown I haven't been to Newtown for a few months but always went there for laksa and when I was doing my reiki certificates I use to have breakfast there every Sunday such a really cool and laid back suburb. We're all about to Or recently had the sleeve so I think give it a couple of months and we can start making some firm plans just a bit hard for Mobbs n Donna as they live the furthest away but I'm sure we can work something out then we can all agree on lol a weekend away wud be good
  13. sydneygirl
    sydneygirl
    maybe tapas? lol lots of little meals? haha ....... who cares so long as we have fun and can share in eachothers journys and celibrate and i am over excited for a saturday morrning lol - dont want to go back to work next week lol
  14. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    All these options, sounding better every day! Won't it be amazing not worrying to much about the amount we will be eating, as it won't be that much!
  15. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Mmmmm tapas yum lol
  16. cathisoz
    cathisoz
    Hi Girls, I had my surgery on August 10th, and am so glad i found this group!
  17. cathisoz
    cathisoz
    Oh and im form the Northern Beaches
  18. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Welcome Hun put any suggestions fwd on any ideas u may have for our first meet up ...be good to meet all our fellow sister sleevers xx
  19. cathisoz
    cathisoz
    Thanks, I would love to meet up with fellow sleevers...
  20. mobbsygirl
    mobbsygirl
    I'm happy to do whatever! So if you all organise it I will organise myself to get there
  21. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Any one got a suggestion of a venue?
  22. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Starting to think that yum cha might be too heavy and have too much carbs for our new tummies. Thinking that tapas are mostly protein come in small dishes and won't be much wastage as we only order a couple of dishes at a time. Anyone have thoughts on this?
  23. sydneygirl
    sydneygirl
    yay tapas lol
  24. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
  25. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Take note the restaurants listed below are just suggestions and may not be open at certain times or days
  26. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
  27. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    Gosh Lynette, you are so organized when I get a moment will look these up? There is one there I know, Cantina Bar and Grill, not good!
    Thank yo again!
  28. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Lol well cross that one off then
  29. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Will add more restaurants as I come across them if anyone knows of any please add
  30. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
  31. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Has anyone checked out the restaurants yet if so could u post ur choice or suggest another place and a definate yes or no if u will be attending
    I like the menu at Firefly
  32. donnagirl
    donnagirl
    Hey Lyn, Im happy to meet up where ever you want to. Im not fussy and dont care what the food is like because honestly the puree was bad and I think if I ate that then I can eat anything!! xxx
  33. donnagirl
    donnagirl
    Hey Lyn, Im happy to meet up where ever you want to. Im not fussy and dont care what the food is like because honestly the puree was bad and I think if I ate that then I can eat anything!! xxx
  34. donnagirl
    donnagirl
  35. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    Hi Guys how are u all going? Been awhile since I was on here. Looking forward to our meet up on the 10th.
    I seem to have stalled with the kilos, however cms are going slowly.
  36. donnagirl
    donnagirl
    Hi Amanda,
    I have lost a total of 23kgs since surgery on 1st August. Its been just over 10 weeks, I have had many stalls and the loss has slowed down to about 1.5kgs a week which is still awesome. I have just joined the gym so hopefully things start happening again. Im looking forward to meeting up on 10th also, it will be great to meet everyone and share our food lol. Dont worry about the stalls, its the bodys way of catching up with the rapid weight loss. Your doing just fine xxx
  37. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Hi Amanda I've been in a long stall things are moving again now though..I can't wait to meet u all too but we definitely need to confirm some details the date is getting closer.
  38. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Hi Amanda I've been in a long stall things are moving again now though..I can't wait to meet u all too but we definitely need to confirm some details the date is getting closer.
  39. cathisoz
    cathisoz
    I am defo in for a meeting
  40. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Lol cool it is set for nov 10 we just haven't decided where