Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How many Surgery per day??

1. lovy
    lovy
    This may be dum... for me to ask, but I will ask anyway. I saw that Dr Almanza had at least 5 peoples scheduled for 9/1. I am wondering how long does it take per person? Does he take break after surgery?
  2. headsntails
    headsntails
    that is a good question, actually. they say the surgery time varies on the person's BMI. with BMI less than 40, the surgery only last for 30 hr.. higher BMI can take up to an hour. I'm sure Dr. Almanza takes breaks as he deems necessary- i hope he isn't into pushing himself to the limit..
  3. Ronnie
    Ronnie
    Surgeons have incredible stamina. I have worked with them for years. Also, when they do so many of the same procedure over and over again, it is like clockwork. Typical sleeve is 1.5. However, with Dr. Almanza doing literally thousands of them, he has likely become very efficient. I would think 5 per day the limit though.
  4. rock22
    rock22
    i read on someone's blog that he takes a 20 min break between patients
  5. lovy
    lovy
    Thank You Guy for all the inputs!
  6. lvbigmom
    lvbigmom
    Just got back yesterday. On Tuesday, he did 1 gastric bypasses and 5 sleeves.He worked into early evening.
  7. k4md
    k4md
    I just had my done on Tuesday with 4 other woman. We all seem fine, execpt the after math. I hate this GERD feeling I keep getting, I just want to feel all better...