Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Stallville

1. cjrose
    cjrose
    I am 4 weeks since surgery and have lost 19 pounds. I am not disappointed in that weight loss at all. I can't think of another time in my life when I've dropped 20 lbs in 1 month. My problem is that I am on my 2nd stall. This is so frustrating. I stalled at 217 for a week. That's when I started adding in exercise and in 5 days I dropped another 5 lbs. But now I've been at 212 for 6 days. I'm exercising almost every day but no less than 5 days a week and I generally do 35-45 minutes on the elliptical. I'm not getting anymore than 800 calories a day. Is anyone else in a stall right now?

CJ.
  2. Jerome
    Jerome
    Yes - I've been in a stall for a week. I'm taking in about 500 calories a day, sometimes less. Have an appointment with the dietician tomorrow and will bring it up. I'll let you know how it goes.
  3. cjrose
    cjrose
    I added in a few more calories and Low carbed it yesterday and finally broke the stall. I only lost a pound so I could be stalled here too but I do think it's going to start moving again. I think not having enough calories and not eating enough times throughout the day may have been the problem. I think because I'm exercising everyday as well my net calories was sometimes only maybe 200 calories a day. Perhaps my body was in starvation mode. I don't know. I'm just happy that when I got on the scale this morning it finally moved again.
  4. Nita
    Nita
    hello all, in 5 days I will have my surgery and I'm terrified but excited at the same time. during the pre op diet stage am I supposed to be taking any kind of vitamins?
  5. Jerome
    Jerome
    My dietician told me that she would expect us to hit a stall after surgery. The preop diet and the diet immediately post surgery is very low in carbs which causes our bodies and liver to lose a good deal of water that it stores in the cells. So part of out weight drop pre and post surgery was this water. When we start to go on to puree and soft foods - and add in more carbs - the body puts this water back in the cells and then we do not notice the weight we are losing and it appears we are in a stall. This is also why, although the scales are not moving, we are seeing inches lost from our waist etc. The water is masking the weight loss.

She did so though that we should now notice a steady (not dramatic) weight loss from about week 6 onwards if we are keeping our calories to the doctors guidelines