Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hair Loss?

1. bostonian
    bostonian
    Hi Everyone,
    I wanted to see if anyone has experienced hair loss? I have NEVER had this issue but I have lost over 80 lbs in 5 months and I am thinking it must be that. Anyone had that issue? I would love to know! Thanks in advance!
  2. Stephy
    Stephy
    I'm so sorry to hear that, I have not had the surgery yet, but when I was goin to the classes, they stressed the importance of protein...saying that hair loss would be a factor, if you didn't take in enough. That is something that I am really worried about. One thing, besides getting in your protein, is to take fish oil vitamins...the generic Costco band are great. You may have to search before you find ones that don't give you "fish burps"...But, there good for hair, nails, and mood swings during PMS...there actually good for a whole bunch of stuff...but those are reasons I take it. Good luck! and Congrats on the 80 lb loss!
  3. C-Otter
    C-Otter
    I have heard and read that hair loss/thinning can happen. Have not been sleeved yet, April 2012. However, I did find a product at Lamaze Foaming Hair Strengthener for After-Pregnancy Hair Loss. It is supposed to help with the hair problem. I bought a bottle to start using, even though I haven't had my procedure. I hope this helps you. I found the product by accident when looking for a baby shower gift.
  4. bostonian
    bostonian
    Hi Ladies,
    Thank you so much fro your responses! Good Luck with your upcomming surgeries!
  5. mags73
    mags73
    The nurse that taught my pre-surgery class had gastric bypass 2 years ago & had a big problem with hair loss. She said that she started taking Biotin which is a vitamin that is supposed to be for hair & nails. I have PCOS and have had some hair loss so I got the Biotin just in case. Hope that helps!
  6. thelulufrog
    thelulufrog
    Hello
    Have not had surgery yet but its one of the side effects ( It will grow back though ) need to make sure your consuming the necesary protein for the day. And yes mags73 Biotin is mentioned alot for hair loss.