Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I am really gonna do this...yikes

1. socialw55
    socialw55
    I am so nervous. I booked my flight to Tiajuana MX today. I am having surgery at Florence hospital on Saturday March 7th with Dr. Mario Carmelo Ramos. I am not getting support from anyone in my family as they can't imagine doing this but they don't live with the extra weight either. I am traveling alone and sometimes I am excited about it and other times I am anxious and want to back out. I have had two surgeries before and was not worried about it at all but for some reason I feel I may be getting too old for surgery at 55 but then I read about others who have done it who are older and that gives me hope that it will turn out alright. What is really worry some is the hair loss talk. Are we talking being bald and needing a wig or just mild hair loss? If anyone is going to Mexico and having surgery around the same day let me know!
  2. cathbas
    cathbas
    i am 60 and getting it done on march 5th..so i hear you... i talked with a good friend of mine the other day..she was 59 when she had it done..and frankly used to be quite unhealthy..she breazed thru it and lost 150#s ! it was super encourageing..she has been 3 years post op and it is still off...