Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Fibro excluded

1. Ladyinwaiting
    Ladyinwaiting
    I talked to my primary doctor today. I have fibromyalgia, but also have a degenerating back. I feel that the weight loss will take some stress off my spine. He seems to think that I will have a hard time finding a doctor to do the surgery with the fibro. Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. Rusa
    Rusa
    I'm 9 days out of surgery, I had mine done in Mexico. They knew I had fibro and said I would be fine...they were correct. I feeling pretty good. I'm down 19 lbs. for the last 2 years I could only do the stairs one at a time, for the last two days I've been able to do them like everyone else...it feels great. I do think I had higher anxiety when I got my surgery then the other 7... But I have had high anxiety for the last two years. That is almost gone also. I see a follow up with my dr tomorrow. Oh by the way I terminated my relationship with my last doctor before I left for surgery because she didn't want to have to do research on Gastric Sleeeve because of my personal choice. I got a new one and have my fingers crossed that she will be more welcoming on my personal choice and how well I'm feeling. Hope this helps.
  3. DisneyDee
    DisneyDee
    My PCP thinks that having the surgery could reduce my fibro attacks. My surgeon did not have a problem and never even hesitated when I told him I had fibro. I so hope this surgery will help to reduce some of my episodes.

I am two weeks out and so far so good. Fibro is at bay for now. Good luck.
  4. Ladyinwaiting
    Ladyinwaiting
    Thanks to both. My husband is really upset with our Doctor. He didn't think the surgery was a great idea and was not concerned about the extra weight. In fact he suggested that if I was interested in losing weight, maybe i should try Medifast. I was greatly annoyed at that. But I think in the end, he will support me if that is what I want. If not, new dr it is!!
  5. Dsnychick
    Dsnychick
    Thats one of my biggest concerns - I dont want to still be in as much pain as i am in now...I know that its not a cure-all, but at the same time, I am hoping that there is at least a reduction of pain....my other concern is working out...currently I am doing water exercises, which are lower impact, but, doing other exercises worry me...:-/
  6. Ladyinwaiting
    Ladyinwaiting
    Well, here's hoping it works. I am 6 days post op now...lol
  7. Ika
    Ika
    Iīm 5 weeks out. I had no problem getting my surgery done when I told them about my fibro. If anything they thought it was a good thing. I live in Sweden and maybe itīs different here.
    The only exercise that feels good for me is swimming and after my surgery I started doing that two weeks ago. I can already manage to swim for one hour and thatīs great. 4-5 times a week is the plan.
    Yes, itīs a bit boring but I affirmate that length by lenght I leave my old body behind me and swimming towards a new, painfree, smaller body. It works!