Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Looking for other people from Louisiana

1. cajunprincess
    cajunprincess
    I am trying to get in touch with other people from LA to share with.
  2. ncaburke
    ncaburke
    I am from north Louisiana....

I have not had surgery. Have appt with surgeon on June 8th.
  3. scentsy momma
    scentsy momma
    i am from northwest louisiana. i had gastric sleeve on 5/16.
  4. sherrimarina
    sherrimarina
    I am in New Orleans. I was sleeved on 3/24/11.
  5. Tonya
    Tonya
    Hi, I'm from Baton Rouge. La and had surgery on April 5, 2011....had a great surgeon..Dr. Leblanc and so far down 40 pounds...had a few set backs, but Im overall good
  6. hollyhoho0913
    hollyhoho0913
    lafayette,la here!! SURGERY SEPTEMBER 12!
  7. cinamon
    cinamon
    I'm from New Iberia. I'm having surgery July 28th. Glad to be in a group with some peeps from LA!
  8. Mommy1995
    Mommy1995
    Hi!! I'm from Slidell And I had my surgery May 24, 2011.
  9. Busybee
    Busybee
    I am in Denham Springs, near Baton Rouge, and am making an appointment next week to start the process!
  10. Ronnie
    Ronnie
    Hey all, I am new on this. I am in the process of scheduling my VGS. Not sure if I will do it here at West Jeff, or if I will go to Dr. Almanaz in Mexico. I am looking into both options as we speak. I am favoring Mexico. I am getting so much positive feedback on it there, not to mention, the price! $4500 as opposed to $14000. pay cash vs. loan...hmmmmm.
  11. Ronnie
    Ronnie
    Hi All. I have decided to go with Dr. Almanza. I would love to schedule the same time as someone from LA so we can go together. If anyone is interested in going mid September - beginning of October, let me know. We could be surgery travel buddies. Hope to hear someone is doing the same. Best, Ronnie
  12. lisak119
    lisak119
    Hi Everyone! I am from Central...Just north of Baton Rouge...I am scheduled with Dr. Almanza in Tijuana, Mexico for Aug 10...WooooHooooo...2 weeks to go!!!
  13. lisak119
    lisak119
    Oh, I forgot to say that I have opened a Facebook page for "Sleeve Buddies". I dont discuss my sleeve on my normal FB bucause I REFUSE to have people telling me negative things. Tried telling one friend, got a VERY negative reaction, finally hung up the phone and decided not to tell anymore friends. Need to know only now! Send me a friend request!!! My new FB name is Imma Sleever. Looking forward to talking to everyone!
  14. stacygowen
    stacygowen
    Hello from Monterey, LA! I haven't had surgery yet....just waiting on my surgery date with Dr. Cunningham in Lafayette!
  15. respgirl2013
    respgirl2013
    Who Dat!!!!!! I'm for Southern Louisiana (Marrero), this is all new to me too. My scheduled surgery date is Feb. 18, 2012. How is everybody??
  16. Susan
    Susan
    Susan from bossier city here. Dr. Merriman
    did my sleeve on June 28, 2011. So far down 22since surgery and 34 total. Glad to be on this group with y'all
  17. Jalb
    Jalb
    So glad to see some La people on here! I am on the Northshore and will be signing on the dotted line in just over a week. Would love to know who y'all used and what your experiences have been! Thanks in advance for sharing-I could use the support!
  18. nenebelle
    nenebelle
    Hi.. I am from the Houma area and was sleeved on August 9 in Baton Rouge.. Dr Drake Bellanger did my surgery.. Everything went great..
  19. Tiger86
    Tiger86
    I am from Slidell, still waiting for a surgery date, had a couple of medical issues I had to settle first. I am having my surgery with Dr. French. He did my lap-band 5 years ago that has now started to leak, so after talking to him, I opted to have it revised to the sleeve. I can't wait till I get my surgery date, I have been waiting anxiously since July!
  20. louisianagirl55
    louisianagirl55
    Happy to find my Louisiana family on here! Gonna have surgury on March 20! Got snag some crawfish before then! I'm from southwest LOUISIANA! Having mine done in Lafayette!
  21. 2sexii4misize
    2sexii4misize
    Hi All,
    I'm from Monroe, LA...having surgery in Shreveport, Dr. Merriman, on 3/9/12...so glad to see all of you guys.
  22. blue_eyes_0071263@yahoo.c
    blue_eyes_0071263@yahoo.c
    Hello To Everyone, I am schedule with Dr. Almanaz in Mexico for May 1, 2012 and scared but excitted also I am from Kilbourne Louisiana that is North La. and I have been reading and researching this 2 years and even attended some classes on this and I am like Ronnie the price is what got my attention and with the insureance I have they want pay so it is all out of my pocket but from what I have read it will be well worth it in the long run. So I wish you all the best and look forward to reading about the progress of each of you.
  23. 4taylors
    4taylors
    I'm a Mandeville girl and was sleeved on April 4, 2012!
  24. SHAWANNE
    SHAWANNE
    Hi i'm from new orleans la what part are you in???
  25. Jill
    Jill
    I'm from Sulphur, LA having my surgery on June 14 with Dr. Chung out of Lake Charles.
  26. merry
    merry
    Im from Raceland ,, having surgery July 19th at Tulane in New Orleans getting very nervous
  27. Brie
    Brie
    Hi everyone, I am from Lafayette, living in Cankton, sleeved 9 days ago 5/31/12, it would really be nice if we could keep in touch with each other....I was sleeved in Lafayette, Dr. Chu but had to pay out of pocket and I do not mind if the weight comes off. I want my health back..I sort of regret I didn't go to Mexico but I don't think my husband would have agreed to that. But like Ronnie there has been so, so much positive feedback on Dr. Almanaz. Well goodnight, time for bed.
  28. Mandi3002
    Mandi3002
    I will be sleeved on 6/19/2012 by Dr. Karl Leblanc! Super excited, not nervous yet. I think I'm more nervous about getting all my protein in after!! I'm from walker, la
  29. Kova
    Kova
    Hello everyone. My name is Kova and I am from West Monroe. I am having my sleeve done July 25, 2012. I am super excited and a little nervous. I'm having it done at Tulane in New Orleans by Dr. Charles Bellows.
  30. will
    will
    i live in terrytown louisiana and ii'm having my surgery with dr almanza on julu 27th
  31. Foghorn126
    Foghorn126
    Hey all - I'm in north Monroe. I was sleeved on 6/13 by W. Sartor.
  32. kandkhuff
    kandkhuff
    Heya I'm in West Monroe. My appointment with surgeon is July 26 and I just had my EGD on Friday.
  33. CherylB
    CherylB
    Hi everyone! My sleeve is scheduled for September 24th with Dr. Phillip Gachassin. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. So glad I found this forum of locals.
  34. Sami2012
    Sami2012
    Hi, I am from Northeast Louisiana. Hoping to schedule my surgery date for thr first of Nov with Dr. Lavin in Mandeville. I am thankful for this site!
  35. annc2966
    annc2966
    I live in the Alexandria/Pineville area and am scheduled for surgery on December 19th. I'm getting so excited! Glad to have found this group - looking forward to talking to you and sharing in your success!
  36. RRT
    RRT
    Hi everybody!! In the research stage now. I live on the west bank of Jefferson Parish, Waggaman. Going to a weight loss seminar at West Jeff hospital Thursday night. Anybody else seen the Dr's. at West Jeff?
  37. A_deshotel
    A_deshotel
    Lake Charles area here. Going to dr Sergio quinones in Mexico in 4 months.
  38. melissa.merrill23
    melissa.merrill23
    st tammany/gretna here, going to mexico march 15th
  39. Travis Guillot
    Travis Guillot
    Lafayette, LA area here. Going to Dr. Mario Alamanza In Mexico on March 4, 2013 NEXT MONDAY!!! SO EXCITED!!!
  40. estnava
    estnava
    Baton Rouge, LA area here. Going to Dr. Alamanza in Mexico also on May the 5! Super ready for this journey to begin.
  41. danrhowell
    danrhowell
    Central just outside of Baton rouge schedule for surgery June 12
  42. KJoan1986
    KJoan1986
    I'm in Baton Rouge. I had my revision surgery consult with Dr. Allain yesterday. I was banded in 2008, so I'm removing it and getting a sleeve done. I'm waiting on pre-approval from my insurance company to take out my band. Hopefully, I'll be removing it within the next couple of weeks. I'm really nervous about doing all of this again, but very excited as well!
  43. JudeS
    JudeS
    From Sulphur. Had lap band. Seriously considering revision to sleeve.
  44. freetobe
    freetobe
    I'm from north Louisiana and was sleeved on July 29, 2014 by Thomas Borland in New Iberia. It was a really good decision.
  45. Metread
    Metread
    From the Alexandria area, sleeved in Alexandria by Dr. Parrish. Best decision ever.
  46. SethP
    SethP
    I am from Houma, Louisiana. I was sleeved on the 12 of May 2013 by Dr. Schwab in Houma.
  47. thickerslim27
    thickerslim27
    Im from Louisiana my surgeon is Dr. Wooldridge of Ocsher of New Orleans
  48. scaredycat
    scaredycat
    Getting sleeved in Marrero Louisiana on 9/23/14. From Folsom, LA
  49. dmart27
    dmart27
    I'm from New Orleans but I now reside in Kingwwod, TX. I'm still debating my sleeve date. Trying to work it around work schedule.