Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

12 Days Post Op

1. starla1982
    starla1982
    I had my surgery on March 12, I've been trying to get the liquids down that is required, but I can't. The protein shakes are too sweet and too heavy when I sip them, they hit my stomach like a ton of bricks and my stomach ends up cramping really bad. And on a different note i had my stitches removed and one of the wounds opened back up, I don't think i had enough stitches in my wound. Now I'm afraid to move, because more wounds might bust open.
  2. decemberroses
    decemberroses
    Most of my incisions healed really fast, and they all looked fine when I took the stitches out. However, I overdid things a couple of days ago by bending and twisting, etc., and the one small incision in the middle of my chest right under my breasts did open up a little. So weird because they all looked healed. This one did look a tiny bit different though, but the knot was being pulled into my skin, so I had a hard time getting it out as it is. Bleh, I didn't like that part! Just don't do a lot of lifting, or cleaning, or constant bending, etc. for another week or so.
  3. Aida
    Aida
    once they heal start using mederma cream for your scars or Scaraway silicone sheets. i use the sheets and they work great at softening and making scars look much better. Add more water to the protein powder, some watered down protein is better than none.
  4. Suzanne3/12
    Suzanne3/12
    I used some Steri strips for the incision that looked like it might be pulling open, or butterfly closures work too.
  5. Suzanne3/12
    Suzanne3/12
    Starla, your brother said he soaked in a tub with Epsom salts 3 times a week. How soon after surgery do you think it is safe to do that?
    Also, sorry you are having trouble with protein, I hope the diluting it might work?
    Suzanne
  6. KWKIKI
    KWKIKI
    I took my stiches out last Thursday as instructed and 3 are now "open" I am going to try butterfly bandages, but I am a little freaked out, the main long incision they had the drain is is REALLY open. like more than a 1/4 inch.
  7. Truffles
    Truffles
    Two of mine gapped. My GP told me to clean and dress them twice daily and they would eventually close. I cleaned them with hydrogen peroxide, using a sterile piece of gauze to wipe out the buildup, then squished in a glop of Triple Action Polysporin. Then I covered them with a bandaid. I did this after I showered in the morning and before I went to bed. I know some doctors say not to use Hyd. Per. And polysp. But I followed his advice and they healed up well. It took about 3-4 weeks extra. Annoying but nothing more.

The same thing happened to me years ago when I had laparoscopic surgery here. It was by my belly button and it, too, gapped. I guess I'm just lucky that way. Lol
  8. decemberroses
    decemberroses
    Oh, goodness, truffles, I'm glad I'm not as lucky as you! ;-) So I checked my incisions out really well, and when I saw that they looked very sealed and didn't budge with gentle pressure, I figured it was safe to take out the stitches. Now that top, little incision was tricky because it had a large, dark-colored scab, so I thought it was good to go. I have been cleaning it with Hibiclens and using a wound spray. I tried putting a butterfly band aid on it, but because of where it sits, the bandage seems to gape most of the time. I just freak out wondering if germs and things can get inside my body. lol! The rest are staying closed.

I figured if they didn't look good and sealed, I was waiting a couple more days. Like I said, I think the one only opened because I just did too much too soon. KWKIKI, can you go to the doc? That would freak me out good.