Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hellooooooo!

1. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    I'm still making my rounds through the boards and this group definitely caught my eye. I am not yet sleeved, but will be come June/July and can't wait to see what kind of stuff I can get into when I'm able to lose some of this excess weight!

I was actually a very athletic, thin teenager and marriage, kids and putting everyone else's needs above my own added about 100 extra pounds to carry around with me. About mid 2013, I started thinking about what I wanted my future to look like. I decided that 2014 was going to be the year of ME! I started making plans to start back to college and complete my teaching degree. After a December dr appt, I had my first appt with the surgeon the first week of January, had insurance approval by the end of January, psych visit last week and now the only thing that's in my way is finances and a one day nutrition class. Needless to say this journey has already started out of the gates with a bang!!!

One of my goals the last several years is to get into running. Odd, I've never liked running...even as an athlete! Nonetheless, it's something that's been on my mind and my goal is to work myself up to miles at a time. We shall see, but I know that if it's going to happen, this is the year it will!!!!!

Good to be here and can't wait to keep up with everyone else's progress!!!
  2. Khristine
    Khristine
    Welcome, Imdee73!!
  3. NViousGeek
    NViousGeek
    Running is an awesome exercise and I would certainly encourage the desire to do it. I find it to be very freeing and goal focused on a personal level. I'm glad to hear you are going to make this year; your year. Keep up the progress!