Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Nervous

1. forty&fine
    forty&fine
    Ok, so now I am nervous! In reading that the Medical Director of the Hospital Jerusalem has died of AIDS has me a little concerned. My surgery is not until March and I just wanted to know everyone's thoughts on this? Should I be concerned or am I just making a mountain out of a mole hill?
  2. CountryGirl72
    CountryGirl72
    You will have to follow your heart. I had surgery by Dr. Almanza Dec. 4th and I'm doing great. Couldn't have asked for a better surgeon honestly.
  3. elongwa
    elongwa
    I agree, it is your decision to make.

An account of my experience is detailed out in my blog, if you need more details or have questions let me know.

After my surgery and experience, I was sleeved 1/6/2013, I would recommend Dr. Almanza and Jerusalem Hospital.

It was a bit different than my surgery here in the states to remove my gall bladder; some things were better, some were different, nothing was worse.

The biggest thing to remember is to either bring an advocate with you or advocate for yourself to make sure you have what you need (pain meds, anti nausea, etc). Walking, staying hydrated, and being responsible for your self care (showering, checking bandages, drinking enough, eating, walking) are the most important things to remember.

I found that if I had a question and called or emailed, there was a quick response to everything; even when I called post op with a concern about not having pooped in three days.

I do not regret my decision to have the surgery in Mexico with Dr. Almanza, it saved me over $13,000 dollars!!! I did talk to my doctor here before I left and she agreed to see me after my return if I needed anything. That made me feel comfortable, but I think the biggest thing I need from here is a blood workup to see where my nutrient levels are so I can be certain I am maintaining what I need to for my health.

Have a wonderful day, do your research, and make the decision that makes sense for you!

Erin
  4. byebyebabyfat2014
    byebyebabyfat2014
    Which Medical Director does it name? I was just there on the 3rd and let and spoke to both Dr. Betancourt and his brother. They seemed very healthy and vibrant. Where did you read that info? The Director doesn't do the sleeve surgeries.
  5. elongwa
    elongwa
  6. forty&fine
    forty&fine
    You all are awesome! Thank you for making me feel better. I was reading someone elses post about Dr Betacourt's death, that is how I got my information.....
  7. amayzme
    amayzme
    I heard it was dr almanza tjat died from this years nasty flu virus. rumord can get so confusing.
  8. Lulu2488
    Lulu2488
    The President of the hospital, Andres Betancourt, died unexpectedly from the flu on Friday January 17. I was there. He was very sick when we got there and in the hospital already on the 15 but he passed on the 17. Very sad.
  9. elongwa
    elongwa
    That is just so sad, he was such a warm hearted man, came to my rescue and got me a cold rag when I was having a hot flash!