Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How often should we weigh? Daily? Weekly?

1. angvande
    angvande
    I wanted to get everyone's opinions on how often you weigh yourself. I personally have been weighing myself daily, but since I have been in a stall for a week and a half, I am starting to question if I should change my weigh-ins to weekly. What are your thoughts?
  2. NancyN
    NancyN
    Really trying for once a week only. There were a couple times I couldn't wait, today is the normal day, but I got up and right into housework and decorating that I forgot about it, guess it will wait til tomorrow. The surest way to make yourself crazy is to get on that scale once (or more) a day. And in the early months, there's really nothing to be done about what the scale says.
  3. Tigerga
    Tigerga
    I have always done weekly myself.
  4. karen p
    karen p
    I try for once a week, but I too get pulled into the allure of I wonder if I've lost anymore. It is a sure way to make yourself crazy because you aren't going to lose every day, or even every week. I'm really trying for once a week.
  5. redfawx09
    redfawx09
    Weekly for me...I've been on a week long stall so I'm thinking about throwing it out all together! grrrr
  6. maani
    maani
    I too only weigh myself weekly, I did have a week where I had a stall but turned out it wasn't really a stall as it was time of month and week after I was down by 8 lbs! Guess this would really only be something to note for us ladies lol
  7. Gail8
    Gail8
    I weigh myself every saturday morning... same time, same place... feels more accurate! (before I plan on ruining my program and eating out all weekend) helps keep me on track!
  8. lil_lisa
    lil_lisa
    I weigh about every 3 or 4 days, that way it has time to go a few pounds and I am more encouraged. If I did it every day I think it would go up and down a bit and discourage me. This has worked pretty good so far.
  9. Tls66
    Tls66
    I weigh weekly. I was weighing daily but got too discouraged swing the same number, stalls were depressing me. So I moved to weekly weigh ins ans later on when the weight really slows down, I may move to monthly weigh ins.