Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Public confession and accountability

1. DefyGravity
    DefyGravity
    I have fallen off plan big time this weekend!! My oldest son is in the Navy and he came home last Wed. and is leaving tomorrow. We took a family over night road trip to go to a drive-in and I ate m&ms and popcorn. Then we stopped for some late night ice cream. I feel so horrible right now! Horrible that I did it and horrible because my stomach hates me. Tomorrow I am going to seriously start finding/making the time to hit the gym at least 3 times a week. I started a few weeks ago pretty good, but I have been so busy lately. Not to make excuses, but I have 6 kids... one daughter and 5 sons. The one in the Navy is the only one not at home. My daughter is moving out in Dec. but she's almost 24 so she's not the issue. My other 4 are in 10th, 8th, 4th and 1st grades. The oldest is in marching band and I drop him off daily at 6:45 am and pick him up at 4:30. The other 3 play football and the 4th grader has already started basketball. So between practices, games and performances, I have very little time. I wish I was one that could get up at 5 and go, but I'm not and I can't try and pretend to be. I have a horrible day if I get up that early. Even if it's only for 30-45 min., I am going to get up and at least get on the treadmill. I was so excited to start running a few weeks ago and I went and ran once but then not again. I have, have, have to make the time to go. Of course, I also reached one of my big goals of losing 50 lbs. the other day. I'm afraid to weigh tomorrow. Anyway, thanks all for reading my ramblings... I just needed to post here to make myself accountable.
  2. Happagirl
    Happagirl
    Well, you deserve a SuperMom award! You have made yourself accountable. I am sure your family is proud of you and you have given them the gift of taking care of yourself so you can be there for them for a long, long healthy time.
  3. RoDean
    RoDean
    Don't beat yourself up, this is not a diet, this is your everyday life. Life is messy and sometimes we are not going to be able to eat the way we know we should. Do you really think Super Models don't occasionally have M&M's and popcorn or late night ice cream, or hide in their closets eating pizza and donuts??? Of course they do, the only difference is they need to throw it up afterwards, our sleeves make it so you wont go to the extreme and eat the entire bag of popcorn, the entire 1/2 gallon of ice cream etc. Be thankful for what it is and use this experience to realize this is your life for the rest of your life, you cant let some candy, popcorn and ice cream make you feel guilty. Recognize it for the bad day it was and move on. You need to live your life and be happy and if having ice cream with your brave soldier makes you happy, then damn it do it.
  4. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    Hey girl - go easy on yourself! RoDean is right - this is NOT a diet! This is a lifestyle. MOST of the time we will eat healthy - but there are occasions we will eat birthday cake or have ice cream with the kids and that is OKAY! It does not mean we are bad or have failed in anyway. We need to break the mind set that eating is bad or good! It should NOT be emotional - but unfortunately - it is for most of us. Eating is just feuling the body so we can function - but I know I personally am happy when I eat healthy - I feel proud of myself and just beat myself up - and fell guilty and horrible when I choose junk food! Wow - we need to give ourselves a break and step back and look at this from a new perspective! We need to try to fuel our body with what it needs but not go into self incrimination if we blow it occassionaly!
    You are okay!