Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Finally hit the 180's

1. Bruce53
    Bruce53
    Well after two months I am only 4 lbs away from my goal. I really don't remember the last time I was in the 180s but it was a looooong time ago! I was a low BMI sleever so I didn't have as much to lose as some people. Still for health reasons (sleep apnea, borderline diabetes, GERD) my doctors were very supportive of the surgery. In fact my pcp was the one who recommended I check it out. I have lost 43 lbs since the start of my pre op prep and am incredibly happy with the sleeve. The other day I went to try on a pair of pants. I took a size 36 into the changing room thinking they would never fit - too tight. I was wrong! I had to go get a size 34 and they fit perfectly. My best nsv so far. I am in the gym regularly now trying to lose that stubborn belly fat which seems to be the last to go. I also walk at least an hour a day. God I am glad I did this. The sleeve has really changed the quality of my life. Best of all is a have to make a presentation at a conference next month and for the first time in years I won't be thinking about my weight as I walk up to the stage.

Sorry for the ramble but I am just so happy with my sleeve and I needed to share.
  2. Happagirl
    Happagirl
    I am so happy for you. I can't wait to see the 180's. Good Luck on your presentation!
  3. RoDean
    RoDean
    I am happy for you too!! I don't think it's the amount of weight, it our self image that needs the makeover and it sounds like you have found
    your healthy spot. Keep up all your hard work and best of luck for the long haul and your health issues!!
  4. Gilberto
    Gilberto
    Congratualations Bruce. It must be amazing to reach such a goal. I reached a loss of 50 pounds today and I am down to a size 44 or 42 depending on the cut of the pants. I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn since the late 90's. A bit out of date but fitting good. I'm hoping to get to a size 38.
    By the way it's good to see another guy in this forum.
  5. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    Congrats!!!! You have done wonderful!