Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

First Food Intolerance

1. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    I have been on soft foods for a week now and have been rejoicing (and getting a bit cocky) that I have been able to eat everything - no upset tummy at all - that is until last night! I tried a piece of bread last night and OMG!!!! I felt like I had a big ball of something in my stomach - there was a lot of pain and it felt like a golfball or something was just stuck in there - it was terrible. I didn't throw up but there was the whole naseua and heaving precursors. I actually had to go lay down for a while. Bread is definitely off my list - I don't know when I will be brave enough to try that again. So to the many of you that have been experiencing a lot of food difficulites - I AM SO SORRY! I have much more empathy for you now!
  2. Narasweet
    Narasweet
    Eggs did that first time I ate them, but I had a soft poached egg for breakfast today and it was fine, I am gluten free so no bread
  3. kracken
    kracken
    I developed a lactose intolerance since the surgery. Definitely not fun. Hopefully that will fade with time.
  4. sinlis
    sinlis
    It was steak for me. Too heavy. I felt full for over 3 hours!
  5. Breen
    Breen
    You could try toasting it. Makes it so it doesn't ball up. Pb is my no no food. Get dumping syndrome (out the top)... Lol
  6. Lissett330
    Lissett330
    Hi Lisa,

I am almost 2 months out and I have yet been able to eat bread, pasta or even rice. I have and it is actually feel good is Quinoa if you have a carbo craving. Bread is something I have stayed away from.
  7. annakharrison
    annakharrison
    I can't eat baked or grilled chicken. I hope it eventually goes away. I haven't tried any carbs yet. NUT recommends not adding them in until 9-12 months out. I seriously hope that I won't e able to tolerate them.
  8. WeaponofMassInstruction
    Ricotta cheese. Had the insides of a calzone and it came right back up like soft serve.
  9. doglover47
    doglover47
    I tried dry toast this weekend and it was fine... I just don't want to get bread into my diet...I have been eating Special K Cracker Chips for low cal and low fat munchie.. they feel good in my stomach too... very light
  10. Calico
    Calico
    I haven't found anything that doesn't agree with my new stomach yet. I kind of which I would.
  11. Bruce53
    Bruce53
    I am the same as Calico. So far I can eat everything I have tried with no problems. I haven't really tried sweets yet though.
  12. Phreakinout
    Phreakinout
    I can't imagine trying bread right now. I made "cloud bread" a couple of weeks ago and it just sat in there. It hurt! Chicken does the same thing. Plus I think I've become lactose intoletant. Good times!
  13. DefyGravity
    DefyGravity
    I thought my sleeve was going to be okay with everything since I've had no issues with anything I've tried... including ice cream and brownies (just a bit). I was soooooo wrong! I made stir fry tonight with chicken, broccoli, snap peas, water chestnuts and bean sprouts and I feel absolutely horrible. I can't lay on my stomach because it feels like it might pop. I'm pretty sure it was the broccoli so that's it for me for a very long while. Ouch!