Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

lapband

1. Onmyway2
    Onmyway2
    I enjoyed my lapband surgery but I bulged my band by overeating. The number one deal with weight loss surgery is that you must be willing to change your mental habits about eating.
  2. goldenbird38
    goldenbird38
    I had the lapband put in on feb 2010 and removed april 2011. I only lost 35 lbs then I was at a stand still and stayed sick through out the entire time it was inside of me. I am allergic to latex and i never found out why in the heck i was sick the whole time. my dr did all kinds of tests, tightened it up, swallow xray test, then took all the fluid out of the band. Nothing helped with the constant sickness, vomiting, nauseating, dizziness and sadness i went through. The sadness was about the lack of support I received from s&w staff. I did stick to diet & exercise while having the lapband. They made it very hard to seek help and needless to say the 35 lbs has come back.
    I am up for the gastric sleeve and I am more than ready. I have chronic arthritis pain due to my obesity.
  3. Minty
    Minty
    I was too busy with my work to be taking off all the time to travel for hours to get fills, and because of lupus and some type of reaction with the band developed a bunch of scar tissue. I never got it adjusted right and never had any significant weight loss. Had the sleeve done the end of June and am 5 lbs from my goal, and look and feel marvelous. Have no problem with the food plan, and do not over eat, nor have had any illness or problems. Lost more weight in 1 month with the sleeve than 5 years with the band. Also do not get hungry with the sleeve like with the band. there is no discomfort with the sleeve.
  4. goldenbird38
    goldenbird38
    That's wonderful, Minty!!
  5. eesdrop
    eesdrop
    Some lap bands are on recall. Have your DR. hand over your band. If it's an allergan you can check the serial number online. If it's on recall, try to find an attorney. Mine is on recall, and I am planning gastric surgery in March. After my band is removed I fully intend to take Allergan to small claims court and get at least $5000 for the surgery. After I have won a civil case, it will be much easier to win against them in Federal court. Good luck!
  6. alaina25
    alaina25
    I was banded in May 2012 and have only managed to lose 8 lbs. I'm currently 180lbs and I'm considering getting a revision to the sleeve. I'm a stress eater so I'm concerned that I will damage the sleeve if I overeat. I'm ready to have the band removed but I don't want to gain any additional weight. Has anyone suffered any really bad side effects from revision to the sleeve? Thank-you, Alaina
  7. abequa2000
    abequa2000
    was banded in 2010 have had problems all along going to get the sleeve in april just want to get these problems taken care of
  8. DANA H
    DANA H
    I had a lap band done in 2007. It was great in the beginning, lost a lot of weight then every thing went wrong. I had it removed in october of 2012 and got sleeved in december. I feel great and the weight i gained back is coming off. This time I hope for good.
  9. jlove1021
    jlove1021
    Had my band in oct 2010 and removed sept 2013...having sleeve revision oct 4th hopefully....excited