Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

taste changes...

1. Sweetessa
    Sweetessa
    Has anyone else had a big change in how things taste? I am finding that I taste metals and minerals very strongly, and some things that I used to like, I now can't stand the taste of. I used to love powerade but now it makes me gag - sugar free ice f
    raps now taste horrendous lol. Even water is hard to stomach, particularly tap water or certain brands of bottled have a very strong taste to me.
    Have you noticed any other changes? Like sense of smell?
  2. Jenniferkatie
    Jenniferkatie
    Deffinatly!! Lots of changes...my shakes i LOVED before surgery, are barely tolerable and now just down right impossible to stomach...lots of learning!
  3. Narasweet
    Narasweet
    Absolutely, smell super acute,poor hubby ate lots of garlic, had to hold my breath to allow him close, uh oh....water is hard to get down, miss enjoying that, hate shakes now, my lifeline is soup and yoghurt, not even game to count protein.....
  4. DefyGravity
    DefyGravity
    My tastes haven't changed much, but my sense of smell has sure heightened! I could've done without it though, good things smell really good and bad things smell horrid.
  5. Sweetessa
    Sweetessa
    Haha I am glad I am not crazy with the smell thing! I wonder what is the relation between our sense of smell and the surgery?? I agree about soup it is a staple for me now. I love it. I made some delicious pureed soup tonight with carrot, potato, ginger, garlic and chicken. I made it very watery so I think it could be considered a full fluid.
  6. revewp
    revewp
    My tasted have flip flopped. Things I would never eat before, now are tasty, and some of the things I would devour before, I could realy live without. Water is kinda just blah now, as I would just throw it down before. And I do taste flavors so much more now as well. Started noticing that during my 2 week pre op diet.
  7. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    This is soooo true! I used to love everything highly seasoned and spicy - now I am thinking cream of broccoli soup is just the rage! And my big Dog smells really, really bad... he is a bear to wash - so I am going to heal up a little more before I tacke that job - but inbetween....well it is tough giving him his proper petting and loving - poor guy!
  8. pasturedoglover
    pasturedoglover
    I had this same issue...surgery was on July 17th....it is slowly changing some. I couldn't stand the shakes that I loved prior to surgery or the taste of plain water but those are better. Tea, Crystal Light, juices etc though....no way! They not only taste bad, they taste totally different than before surgery.