Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Weight loss is going slow...hair loss is coming fast...Ugh!

1. zybbed
    zybbed
    After reading some post from fellow Feb. sleevers, it seems like my weight loss is going very slow.

Surgery date: 307 lbs
    Current: 253 lbs

I have been very constipated for the most part and have started taking in more fruits in hopes that this will help. I am finding it so hard to get myself to work out. I think I need to re-group on my food/protein. I will eventually need to get knee replacement - which was the main reason for the surgery as you have to weigh under 240 lbs to be eligible.

The dreaded hair loss has started too....ugh!

Any ideas, comments or just plain ole observations will be greatly appreciated.
  2. Debi Lee
    Debi Lee
    Zybbed, take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (unrefined) daily by mouth. That will help with the constipation and a myriad of problems. My sleeve surg was in February and I had thin hair to begin with, but now I look like I've had chemo tx. It is so embarrassing. I do use the coconut oil and massage it into my scalp and it does appear to help with the shine though.
    I needed a total knee replacement after arthroscopic surgery in April 2012. After losing some weight I don't think it will be anytime to soon. The weight loss has helped tremendously. I have very little cartilage in my knee but it appears to be doing fine now.
  3. StephF89
    StephF89
    I read that what you do today reflects how your hair will be in 3months and what you did 3months ago reflects how your hair loss will be today... Mine is falling out too, but my hair was SUPER thigh so it's not terribly noticeable... I also cut it to my shoulders so its not such long hairs falling out.
  4. StephF89
    StephF89
    *super thick*
  5. harsha99
    harsha99
    I have lost 25 % of body weight and 50 % of my hair is gone. I am not doing any physical activity for the last 4 weeks. My weight is in the same place. I have started eating bad carbs and processed food . It is now 22 weeks since surgery . Need to get back to my regime and am finding it a little stressful.