Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery 7-25-2013

1. butterflynurse
    butterflynurse
    Getting ready to go to the clinic. My flight into San Diego was fine. I called for pick up from the clinic. They told me I was going to be picked up in a black limo...I had to ? them to make sure. Thought I was special. They picked me up in a silver Nissan Sentra. Oh well! Got through the border no problem. They didn't even stop us (first time in Mexico). Got to the hotel, checked in. The nurse came and took my blood. The doctor came and did my EKG. Coordinator came and answered all my ?'s. I am number 2 on the list today. So glad I don't have to wait. Spent one night at the Hotel Ticuan. Checked out. Spending one night in the hospital then coming back to the hotel Ticuan Friday then checking out Sunday. The only thing I dont like is having to carry all my luggage with me and the only day to can call the US for free is while you're in the hospital. I brought my laptop so I can email and FB my family and friends. Will keep you posted on the rest.
  2. susanandbristol
    susanandbristol
    hope everything went well with your surgery! I'll be there Sunday when you leave. My surgery is monday. Best of luck and let me know how it went for you!!! ~ Susan
  3. mytimepenny
    mytimepenny
    I am so happy for you. I'll pray for everything to go great and for a speedy recovery. Good luck keep us posted
  4. elisamae
    elisamae
    Praying all goes well! Happy recovery!
  5. Sleevedlife
    Sleevedlife
    Your in my prayers Take care of yourself!!!!
  6. butterflynurse
    butterflynurse
    Day after my surgery...everything went well. I was actually #3 put that was ok. I didn't want to wait (nervous anticipating the surgery) but waiting would have been better. Less pain time. Had to be in the lobby at 8am with all my luggage. They pick you up and take you to the clinic (the roads in Mexico are horrible) They give you booties for your shoes, sign ppwk and give ID. They take you back give you a gown and new booties and a bag for your clothes. Lockers are available. I didn't get on. Went on the honor system. They put your IV in and hook up your fluids and put compression stockings on your legs. You are taken to the waiting area until your turn. Dr Almanza comes and talks to you, asks you ? and gives you time to ask your ?'s. When it is your time you walk into the OR. Another doctor asks you a few more ?'s then you are put on the OR table and they tie your hands down. I don't remember anything after that just waking up in recovery. Found out later they intubate you and you walk from the OR to recovery room. Mine was across the hall but like I said don't remember it. The discomfort from the surgery not so bad it's the gas. My recovery roommate was lucky, she vomited a few times. She said it was hell vomiting but felt great afterwards. I however can't get rid of my gas. They have fluids running through your time there, give you pain, anti nause and anti anxiety meds as needed as well as antibiotics. Got to have a popsicle when they got us up this morning. Back to the hotel. Now can have small sips of water, juice, broth, popsicles and yogurt. Nurse just gave us some pain, anti nausea and anti inflammatory meds. You now have the option to buy meds outside of the (Pill) Antibotic and pain pill they send you home with. They also provide a 20 minute massage which helps with the gas. Just scheduled it. Have to go back to the clinic for last bag of fluids today. Then leak test tomorrow and if all goes well. Home on Sunday. Can't wait.
  7. itsmytime
    itsmytime
    If you pass your leak test, you can leave that same day! That is what I and another girl who had surgery the same day as I did chose to do. I passed the leak test so I went back to the hospital to get my drain removed after the leak test and we headed out to San Diego. I wanted to stay in San Diego another night before I left back home. Glad you're out of surgery and OK! Just get up and walk around to get rid of that gas if you can!
  8. lighterlori'slovelylife
    lighterlori'slovelylife
    Thank you for giving a re-cap for those of us hot on your heels! I start my pre-op tomorrow so had my last large meal tonite including desert....hahahha

let us know how your leak test goes....
  9. elisamae
    elisamae
    I agree that the gas was worse than the pain. One of the younger women in my group really struggled with pain and gas. I hope you are home now! Let us know how you are doing!
  10. butterflynurse
    butterflynurse
    Sorry taking so long to respond. Didn't go home after sx. Went on vacation how crazy. My leak test went fine. The stuff you have to drink is gross all but 2 if us threw it up. Went back to the hotel and walk. .. walk. .. walk. ... did a little shopping. I will take the gas over the uncontrollable diarrhea I am having. It started right after the leak test. 7 data later still have it. Eating imodium like candy. Also wearing adult diapers. If I cough, sneeze or even try to fart it comes out. Went to bed early had to be in the lobby by 7:30. Paid the $20 for the day lane. Took about 10min to get across the border. Had the airline board me early so no one would push or shove me. Now at the lake resort relaxing. Did broth and Gatorade (for the diarrhea) for 5 days. Able to get and keep down about 6oz fluid but it takes about 1-1/2 hrs. Tried watery tomato soup on day 6 worked well. Only one more day and I am going to try yogurt. Liquids only really sucks. everyone up here is eating all kinds of good food. Can't wait for some solids.
  11. Sleevedlife
    Sleevedlife
    Keep Strong hun that whole diarrhea part aint sounding too fun but i would of never thought about getting adult incontinent briefs ill keep that in mind in case im in the same predicament.Anyways Stay Blessed and soldier!!!