Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Follow up doctor in the states

1. Lisacmline
    Lisacmline
    Did anyone go to a follow up appointment? If so, what kind of Dr. did you go see. My family is wanting me to see a Dr. but I don't know what kind of Dr. I am 28 days post opp. It is still so very hard to get my fluids and protein in. I am only getting about 30-40 ox of fluids and about the same or less in protein.
  2. elisamae
    elisamae
    Start with your internist.
  3. justamy624
    justamy624
    don't feel bad. I am 6 weeks out and still can only get about 40-50 g of protein and about 5 glasses of fluid in. I take vitamins (chewable) and my doctor says everyone heals differently. Every week gets a little better.
  4. mimipam
    mimipam
    I went to my primary care physician before surgery and had some lab work done and I have an appointment to follow up with him again at 3 months post op. I'm so sorry you are having trouble. I have to make a concentrated effort to get my fluids in, because I just forget. I'm not having any trouble getting the protein in, but I do drink at least 1 (sometimes 2) protein drinks or soups per day. I have protein powder in my coffee every morning & I often add unflavored protein powder to either soup or a vegetable later in the day. I also found some great recipes for protein ice cream on theworldaccordingtoeggface.com and I eat a serving of that almost every night.
  5. dannywags
    dannywags
    I just went to my regular M.D. He was very supportive. I am just about three months out and he is having me come back in to do blood work just to see how things are going.
  6. Lisacmline
    Lisacmline
    Thanks for all the advise! (and Websites!) keep them coming! I've decided I will wait till 3 months post opp and will go to my regular doctor. Thanks again!