Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Getting there and getting sick to my stomach!

1. Kasrocks
    Kasrocks
    So I finally got the reply back that my wire transfer for the deposit was received.. I have my flights booked I leave July 3rd, and just got all my paper work.. Reading through everything and thinking about everything makes my stomach turn.. Im sooooo nervous and I have three more weeks..

Ive never had surgery for one.. I keep thinking " what if's " all the time.. I have four young children to think about.. But I also need to be healthy for the future.. It is such a roller coaster of emotions.. And i understand I do not have a significant amount of weight to lose, im not morbidly obese, my doctor did not suggest I get this surgery, I decided all on my own.. I'm paying for everything.. and I keep thinking was this the right decision.. UGH, frustrating to say the least..

I lost 50lbs last year on my own, with diet and exercise.. I was super proud of myself,. I felt amazing.. But it didn't last.. I have no full feeling, I have soo many cravings, I have no control. I gained all that weight back and then some in half a year.. And I keep getting bigger. And I know if I don't do something I will end up very unhealthy in the near future. I am young and I want to get on enjoying my life and feeling good physically and emotionally!

Thanx for letting me rant!!

Cheer's,

Kas
  2. RoDean
    RoDean
    I hope your tummy calms down. I know it's scary, it is major surgery. Just make sure you have a Dr. that will take over your care when you get home. I arrive back in Missoula on the 25th and I have an appointment the very next day with my regular doctor to check everything over and make sure things are progressing as planned. It's a tool, would your mind have taken you to this place is you thought you could go it alone??? Nobody is instantly going to think major surgery if they can fix it themselves. You have thought long and hard and you will see it was the right choice, you just have to make it to to the other side. Rant away, that is what we are here for!!
  3. Kasrocks
    Kasrocks
    I booked a appointment for my doctor 10 days after surgery to see how things are healing and feeling. I didnt tell him I was getting this done, so he will find out when i see him.. LOL
  4. Kasrocks
    Kasrocks
    And THANK YOU!
  5. Narasweet
    Narasweet
    I think it is great you are doing this while you are young Kas, I am 58, have diabetes and other health issues, which have held me back from living a full life. I believe it is not too late to turn around but so many wasted years, go for it. We all go through the emotional roller coaster. My surgery being postponed was hard at first, then I got over it and committed to losing more weight before my op. While I am proud of my loss I know I would back slide without he sleeve as I have done before. Good luck honey, it will be worth it!!
  6. Kasrocks
    Kasrocks
    Thank you for that Narasweet!! It WILL be worth it and you are SOOO right, it is NEVER too late
  7. Sweetessa
    Sweetessa
    I hope everything goes well with you! I have two kids and I am also worried about everything as well. But like you said I want to be healthy and able to be active and play with my kids without feeling exhausted by the littlest things. God-willing it will all be worth it!
  8. milang1
    milang1
    That is a normal feeling the closer I get the more worries we have!!!! Best to you keep us posted!!!! Just follow doctor's order and all should be great.
  9. Rox
    Rox
    Just to let you know - if this surgery would have been around 10 years ago, I would've done it in a heart beat. You're giving your kids and husband a gift. You'll be a mom who has the energy to watch their sports, climb up bleachers, volunteer at their school w/o embarrassing them or being shunned by the thin moms. I didn't do that -- don't be like me, I have hidden for 10 years.
  10. Kasrocks
    Kasrocks
    Thanx Rox! And everyone else!!