Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre-Op Diet

1. thinnye
    thinnye
    When will you start your pre-op diet. I'm set to start 5/22...can't come soon enough.
  2. kagomechina
    kagomechina
    imma start at least 5 days before surgery
  3. jtayse
    jtayse
    I don't really have a pre-op diet - just no food the day before - all liquids. Plus some milk of magnesia. Post op - two weeks full fluids; eight weeks with 2 protein drinks a day and one meal. I need to order my protein stuff soon and my vitamins.
  4. BatleyLady
    BatleyLady
    Wednesday is my mandatory pre surgery run down, but mostly it has to start 2 weeks before with low carbs or none to help shrink the liver and then liquids for 2 days before surgery.

I've looked around online some doctors require a two month pre-surgery diet of little to no carbs!
  5. Narasweet
    Narasweet
    Liquid for 2 weeks before, have an appt, with dietitian and psyc Friday May 10
  6. RockvilleGirl
    RockvilleGirl
    My surgeon starts you on a diet when they first see you - to show that you are committed to making changes and losing weight and also to justify to the insurance that you have been treated for weight management. I have not been excellent with it thus far, but I have lost almost 20 lbs (would be doing better except for a vacation where I did really bad). On 5/20 I start with 2 protein shakes a day and one meal, on 6/3 I go to all liquids, and then on 6/17 I have surgery. I am not looking forward to it because I definitely don't love the protein shakes.
  7. abcd1234
    abcd1234
    I started my pre-op today, May 18th. 2 weeks protein drinks and then one day clear liquid and then surgery.
  8. chica125kml
    chica125kml
    I start my pre-op diet on June 4th. 2 weeks of 5 proteins shakes and 1 lean and green meal then 2 days of clears then surgery. Is anyone going to have one last day where they eat what they want?
  9. Raf
    Raf
    I am on day 3 of my protein shakes... I have to do 3 shakes a day.. I can also have water, Crystal light, chicken broth, sugar free jello, and sugar free ice pops.. Thats it!!! The shakes that I am on actually taste pretty good.
  10. chelseahowerton
    chelseahowerton
    My surgeon isn't really requiring a pre-op diet either, but that's because he requires us to lose 10% of our EBW before we can even SCHEDULE the surgery. It'll just be the all liquids the day before and then nothing the day of. I think, at least. But I am gonna start phasing in some of the things I'll need to do post-surgery before surgery, just to get used to it.
  11. NickyNooNoo
    NickyNooNoo
    I'm in Australia, and my surgeon requests 2 weeks of a specific type of meal replacement products (shakes, soups and bars) with the allowance of unlimited vegetables (from a list provided by my dietician), sugar free drinks, clear broths, low joule jelly and I think that's it. I am a big meat eater and I love my fruit, so I can see it will be a struggle for me!
  12. Lunaya
    Lunaya
    I am in Idaho, and I am having my surgery on June 5, 2013. I will start my full liquid pre-op diet on the 29th of May. I am so excited I am finally having the surgery after 2 years of pre-op juggling.
  13. NellieFL
    NellieFL
    I'm supposed to start my pre-op liquid diet this Wednesday but my birthday is on Friday - June 14th - it's my 50th - and I'm gonna bring it in with a blast!!! So I'm officially starting on the 15th. My doctor's office said that's fine since the surgery is on the 26th!