Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Lapband gone.. Sleeve surgery rescheduled..

1. Jeni Cerone
    Jeni Cerone
    On Feb 13th, I went in for my surgery.. removal of lapband and making the sleeve.. After some thought my doctor decided to take the lapband out and reschedule the sleeve surgery. I totally understand that the risk was higher to do both surgeries on the same day. I saw my doctor yesterday and sleeve surgery is scheduled for April 9th. Im a little depressed but I know its for the best. I was just so excited to get back on track. *sighs. I ran my fingers over where my port use to be.. and got a little sad. ;(
  2. abequa2000
    abequa2000
    Hi i am going on April 9th to have my band removed and they are planing the sleeve the same day my band is half full but they will not do any more fills because i have tight esophogus they said if they did fills i would choke.i got the band oct 2010.lost 68 pounds and stalled.
  3. waiting2bthin
    waiting2bthin
    Jenni, consider yourself lucky that the your surgeon had the right mind to wait to do the sleeve. My band removal and sleeve were done on Feb 11th and my stomach is so mis shapen. I can drink about 14 oz of liquid with no problem. I can guzzle water and even though I not suppose be eating soft foods until Monday, I have been able to eat 3 oz of mash potatoes with no problem. I don't seem to get full, I blame my surgeon for not waiting until my stomach went back to normal. I plan on discussing corrective surgery with him next month.
  4. MrsB0324
    MrsB0324
    My surgeon refuses to do both surgeries at the same time. Surgery to remove my lap band is scheduled for 4/26 and I was told that it will take at least six weeks for my stomach to reshape itself and heal properly before i can have the sleeve done. At first I was truly annoyed because I had my hopes on having this dones and over with by the end of April but it looks as if I'm going to have to wait....now, it seems like time is going by soooooo slow and it's taking FOREVER but I know it's for my own good and it's waht's best.
  5. Tynettamd
    Tynettamd
    My surgeon, also will not do both surgeries the same day. I have my band removal on 4/24 and my sleeve 3 months later.....I appreciate the concern on his behalf, plus he says it further reduces the ability to have leaks
  6. proud_mommyof2
    proud_mommyof2
    Hello everyone! I'm a little concerend. I'm scheduled to have my lap band removed and the sleeve done at the same time. My surgeon says they do it all the time and have great success. I got the band 5 years ago in August and lost 50 lbs in the first 3 months. I then had to have emergency knee surgery so my band was unfilled. Once filled again I got pregnant and had to have it unfilled for delivery. Then got filled and got pregnant again and had a rough pregnancy where I couldn't keep anything including water down so they unfilled it again. After these occurences the band just became a neussance where sometimes I could eat nothing and other times whatever I want, but regardless I was not loosing any weight. Then a few weeks ago I became very ill with an upper respiratory infection/bronchitis/strep and whenever I would eat I would cough and then vomit which after a week caused my band to slip and I felt like I had a large lump im my throat even when swalling my own saliva. I have also had port pain since the surgery, not constant, but at times very painful. End point I am scheduled for the revision surgery in 13 days and concerned that ya'lls doctors won't do both surgeries at one time. Any thoughts?
  7. sljt68
    sljt68
    Wow. I had my band to sleeve surgery on the same day...I haven't experience any problems. I got the band back in May 2011 too many problem with food not going down..the insurance approved me in March 2013 for revision. My surgery was March 18. My doctor uses a drain to ensure that there are no leaks from the stomach...Overall i feel good, I have lost 22lbs so far, I can eat just about anything and not worry about brining it back up. I can feel my stomach and when I am full I feel like i am full up in my throat. Learning when to stop eating and eat slow so your body can comprehend is key. My doctor said the hardest part of the surgery is actually getting the port out from the scar tissue that builds around it. I had not pain and went back to work in one week. So far I am very pleased ...i have had a little stall but that is normal as well...Good luck everyone!
  8. Dazzlyn
    Dazzlyn
    @sljt68 i pray i have the same luck
  9. scentual1
    scentual1
    I know I am a little late to this post. My dr. does not do both procedures at the same time. She even had me do a test (esophageal motility study) after my band was removed (2 months later) to make sure my esophagus was working properly before we decided to do the sleeve. Test came back normal, but if it hadn't she said the bypass would have been better. I hope you haven't experienced too many complications. Keep us posted.