Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Passport Question

1. Jbialowitz
    Jbialowitz
    I have a question regarding passports. Has anyone used an expedited passport center online to complete your request? I travel June 27th for my surgery date of June 28th and will need to ensure I have one. I am finding that many of the acceptance centers require appointments and are scheduled out until mid-June, which is way too long to wait. Has anyone used an online passport expedited service and if so, what was the process on your end? How does the paperwork and logistics work?

Thanks!
  2. azladyrider
    azladyrider
    My surgery date was also June 28th of 2012 - I applied for mine locally at the courthouse on May 10th according to my records. I got denied at first and I got the notice by the end of May so I had to get more proof of who I was on May 25th. I got it in plenty of time - within 9 days actually. We didn't have appts - I just went to the courthouse and did mine. If you have any doubts then go ahead and do the online thing. But not sure if they need the original birth certificate or not. If you go to the walk in places you have to give them your original BC and if you don't get it back in time you are screwed cause you can't even use that as an alternative. Check with your local place to see if you can get special passport CARD rather than the whole passport. In AZ at least I could have just used my drivers license and BC and paid less than 500 dollars and it's supposed to be quicker.
  3. Foxy'smom
    Foxy'smom
    I just came home Monday and one of the girls on the van with me only had her birth certificate and ID. We did not have any trouble.
  4. Issygal
    Issygal
    I used rushmypassport and it was expensive. However I got my passport in plenty of time and that gave me some peace of mind.
  5. SDolan
    SDolan
    I used the post office and received mine in 3 weeks. you need certified birth cert and drivers license. cost was 150 total.
  6. jtjabrael99
    jtjabrael99
    you don't need a passport as long as you have your birth cert & DL
  7. robsgal
    robsgal
    Foxy'smom same here - I was in a van and a gal only had her birth cert and ID and we didnt have any problems at all!
  8. ksosne
    ksosne
    3 of us in the van only had our birth certificates and driver's licenses because we heard there was no problem. We got quite a talking to at the border. The border agent really gave it to us for not having passports. If I ever cross the border again, I definitely would have a passport or enhanced driver license! You can use the enhanced license for Canada or Mexico, but the Canada one is cheaper. Maybe try that?
  9. axal33
    axal33
    I had to make appointment at post office. They do take your birth certificate but mine was mailed back. For the passport card and fees my total was $56. I got passport close to 4 weeks later. I'd be nervous to travel to a foreign country without a passport, very much worth the peace of mind.