Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Anyone still have their gallbladder?

1. cwpari98
    cwpari98
    Does anyone still have their gallbladder?

I do, and my surgeon offered to take it out but I said that since it was fine there was no reason to. A month later, I have a sludge filled gallbladder, and I believe low gallbladder function now, and it looks like it's going to be coming out in the near future. Kicking myself now, and I can't get my protein and fluids in because I feel so miserable and full. More so than I did before this flared up.

On top of that, my weight loss has stalled. I'm really frustrated...
  2. Jillypie
    Jillypie
    I still have mine and my surgeon never offered to take it out.

I hope it doesn't cause me any future problems.
  3. Leanng
    Leanng
    I just had a visit with my doctor 4 weeks post surgery. She asked if I still had my gallbladder. I said yes. She said then I need to put you on Ursodiol for one year so that you don't get gallstones. I started talking it yesterday. Did you doctor talk to you about this? You might want to do a bit of reserach and see if taking this drug will clear up whatever you have going on.
  4. losingweightgaininglife
    losingweightgaininglife
    I still have my gallbladder also. I didn't know it was an option to be taking out I definatley will be researching this though.
  5. cwpari98
    cwpari98
    Yeah, they put me on actigall starting one week after surgery. I screwed up because I started only taking half the dose they prescribed...I was having some serious side effects from the anesthesia for a week or so. I caught it two weeks in and started taking the correct dose, but it doesn't seem to be making it any better.
  6. laydlyke
    laydlyke
    I have mine. My surgeon hasn't mentioned one word about my gallbladder. Best believe though after your ordeal...I will be initiating a conversation about it.
  7. AnnieT
    AnnieT
    I have my gallbladder too. 3 weeks post surgery I am to start Ursodiol and take for 6 months to a year to protect the gallbladder during the period of rapid weight loss.