Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre-Op diet

1. vsgboston
    vsgboston
    Hey! I started the pre-op diet today. I am supposed to be having lots of protein shakes and limit my carb intake. Is anyone else starting their pre-op diet soon? What are you being told to do?
  2. Ahigdon
    Ahigdon
    Drink protein drinks 3x a day. Eat small salad with a protein / low fat dressing. Last three days before surgery, clear liquids. Killer
  3. KarenVipVa
    KarenVipVa
    yeah same diet here too.. protein shakes and small salad then clear liquids and laxative last 3 days.. gonna be a great flightAURGHHHHH
    good luck !!!!
  4. mngal10
    mngal10
    I am on 1000 calories a day...70 gm protein, 25 gm fat, 50 gm carbs (mainly fiber) until 2 days before. Then clear liquids for 2 days
  5. Jenjen5159
    Jenjen5159
    Mine starts Wednesday and its 1200 calories any way I want them for 12 days then 2 days of liquids which is characterized by anything that goes through a straw (sugar free jello, pudding, broth, cream soups etc)
  6. LC Harper
    LC Harper
    Mine started today Atkins phase 1 with 20-60 carbs. Then last two days before surgery clear liquids only...ugh..but I am excited.
  7. vsgboston
    vsgboston
    Good to see we have similar diets. Have any of you tried the Special K protein shakes? I had one this morning and surprisingly it was pretty good. What shakes are you guys having?
  8. VioletCrumble
    VioletCrumble
    How far out is everyone? How many days till surgery?
  9. Cangela
    Cangela
    I have also started today.4proteinshakes,64oz of sugar free drinks(water,fruit 2o etc.) 1 meal consisting of 4oz lean protein,1 serving of no starchy veg,1 serving of starch,and 1serving of fat. 2servings of fruit to be eaten with shakes
  10. Queensland Girl
    Queensland Girl
    Optifast shakes x3, starch free veggies and berries and 2.5l calorie free liquid (includes shakes) for three Weeks (I'm half-way through). Not too bad, not hungry now. x
  11. Cangela
    Cangela
    I am using Bariatric Advantage and HMR shakes. I am having an iced Mocha Latté this morning. Not bad at all. 27 gms protein.
  12. vsgboston
    vsgboston
    Hey VioletCrumble! 15 days til surgery for me. What about you??
  13. ettegdirb
    ettegdirb
    I started mine yesterday... 3-4 protein shakes, SF popcicles and jello, chicken/beef broth... water.... crystal light... this is gonna be a lonnngggg 2 weeks.
  14. lar26r
    lar26r
    I don't start until 4/30/13 and I'm on the same at ettegdirb not looking forward to giving up my diet coke
  15. njsunkissed
    njsunkissed
    I'm on 2-week pre-op diet now which consists of:
    2-whey protein shakes a day (20-25 grams protein, very low carb & fat around 220 cal preapred with skim milk)
    1-300 calorie frozen Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice entree with small salad w/ff dressing OR non-starch veggie
    Vitamins
    64 oz water
  16. Pamsohealthy
    Pamsohealthy
    I am on 2 protein shakes a day, soup for one meal, any kind, chuncky etc. then sugar free jello, pudding and cottage cheese. Long two weeks,, but I have confidence I can do this,, I want it way to bad and fought insurance company to long to loose it all because of liquids
  17. bellaboo7
    bellaboo7
    Hi VioletCrumble...14 days until my surgery. Just joined the group today! Super excited. These posts really do help. Have a great day!
  18. lar26r
    lar26r
    Just wanted to say Hi and see how those that are on there pre-op diet are doing? I'm on my 2nd day and well so far it's been ok and then again it is only the second day. I have 3-4 Protein shakes a day , sf jello, sf popsicles, sf italian ice and soup with nothing in it (strained) I did buy some lipton cup of soup and those are very good very little noodle to strain out also trying some of the other flavors.
  19. elliscoastie
    elliscoastie
    Hi...Surgery is May 16th. Have been on liquid diet since May 2nd. Tough...but so far so good. Only allowed protein shakes, and I drink Atkins Advantage, and clear broths and decaf teas...lots of water.
  20. Becoming Jojo
    Becoming Jojo
    I started my pre op on 5-8 its consists of all liquids. 1-2 proteins shakes a day, 2-3 dairy servings (cottage cheese, skim milk, low fat yogurt), and unlimited amounts of low sodium broth, sf jello, sf popcicles and sf drinks.
    It has been soooooo hard. My surgery is May 21st so its 10 days away and all these liquids stink but on the upside I have lost 8 pounds