Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What is my stomach doing?!

1. Neeker
    Neeker
    Hi all! I had my surgery one week ago today and I have rumbles, gurgles, and all kinds of other tummy issues. TMI but haven't pooped much yet only when I took milk of magnesia. What I'm wondering is anyone else feelingvlikevtheir stomach musvles are doing something? I don't know if they are reattaching, growing, getting weak from lack of work to do, or what but it feels so weird?! Side note my lovenox(sp?) shot injection sites are so bruised and sore! Someone share my misery....anyone?!
  2. laydlyke
    laydlyke
    I didn't really have a normal bowel movement until about day 8. Now, it's been really hard for the past 2-3 days. I have tons of gurgles, it's like it's talking to me. I think that's pretty normal. I didn't have lovenox, but I did have heparin. I had a BLACK bruise about the size of a large man's hand. I still have bruising but it's yellow and greenish now. I think everything you're experiencing is par for the course. :-)
  3. bryantyves
    bryantyves
    My stomach did the same! It goes away eventually.
  4. FantasticoTX
    FantasticoTX
    Same here....had gurgles and felt tummy was talking to me.....I'm still recovering from shots I was given.....have two bruises that are taking a while to recover....
  5. WaywardSmiles
    WaywardSmiles
    Same here with the gurgling. Lasted about 2 weeks, then slowed down to once or twice a day. Gone now. Lovenox left me with a big black bruise on my stomach too. I'd say it finally disappeared about 4 days ago (today is day 28 for me!) Best wishes...
  6. christinaja
    christinaja
    My stomach hasn't done a lot of gurgling, but I think it may be because I am only 7 days out and still swollen. As for lovenox and heparin, I have bruises too from the few shots I was given(before finding the hematoma...and OMG THAT is now one HELL of a bruise!) The reason the nurse gave me today at post-op is because it is a blood thinner, so it causes more intense bruising than with other types of shots, since the blood doesn't coagulate as quickly in the damaged capillaries.
  7. ladybrynja
    ladybrynja
    It took 3 weeks for the bruising from my last heparin shot to go away. And it was in my arm so it was visible to everyone. The shots in my thigh and tummy didn't bruise for some reason.

As for Mr. Gurgles (yeah, that's the new nickname), he gets pretty noisy but I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it. My friend who had a bunch of her colon removed has the same issue with the tummy noises, and that's been consistent for the last 5 years since her surgery. I'm not holding out hope that my tummy will quiet down any time soon. When we sit together it's like they're communicating in gurgle-code...
  8. kj44
    kj44
    i too had the gurgle noises...im almost 5 weeks out and they arent as frequent. i didnt receive any shots of heparin or lovenox tho....
  9. jerri2913
    jerri2913
    I went about 15 days w/o a "good" BM. Then all let loose and I think I passes everything from day 1 of the surgery.
    I was so week my aide had to bring me back in to my apartment in my wheelchair and I had to go to bed for awhile.
    It took a lot out of me but I feel so much better now.