Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What diet phase are you on?

1. McSusan
    McSusan
    Just wondered what diet phase everyone is on? Also, how much weight has everyone lost?
  2. Gibsongirl
    Gibsongirl
    Hi..sleeved 26th...transitioning today to full liquids...working the program 100% started before fast 248.8 (water retention from lack of meds) day of surgery 239. Today 226! How are you
  3. Coco.C
    Coco.C
    I had surgery the 25th of March. I am on pureed and liquids.
  4. maggie50
    maggie50
    I am on day 11 post op, and drinking protein shakes, water, jello. broth.
    lost 16 pounds since surgery March 22nd.
  5. march192013
    march192013
    Im 2 weeks post op i started full juice today! i had surgery on the 19 start weight 296 i weighed in today at 268! That's 28 pounds in 3 weeks (with the pre op diet)! Im excited to get to full soups!
  6. Casslang
    Casslang
    Sleeved on the 3/25th I am on full liquids jello, pudding and cream soups,
  7. Pupsblue
    Pupsblue
    I had surgery on the 19th, two weeks ago today. I just saw the doctor for my 2 week post-op follow up and he let me progress to the pureed soft food diet. Let me tell you tuna fish never tasted soooo GOOD! I'm so glad to be off liquids although I'll probably have to still have protein shakes to get my 90 grams of protein in. My starting weight the day of surgery was 241. I didn't have to do the pre-op diet. I weighed in today at 221 for a total of 20 pounds. I'm so excited, but I am looking forward to being able to eat and feeling normal when I do. I still feel like I've been sucking on a helium tank every now and then.
  8. East Coast Girl
    East Coast Girl
    I'm 22 days post op and in the soft foods stage. I love eating real food again but one teaspoon 6 times a day is so hard! Ive lost 35 lbs!!
  9. Nahla
    Nahla
    12 days post of on full liquid diet doing good I'm down 8 pounds having my protein shakes, i do have to remind my self to eat
  10. karkar56
    karkar56
    Hi all,
    I had surgery on March 21st and am on pureed foods. I have lost 18 lbs, or around a pound a day.
  11. Babygm117
    Babygm117
    I had my sleeve on 3/26 right now I just started eating mashed up solids and and pretty much some solids but just chewing it a lot.
  12. Mona
    Mona
    Hi! My surgery was on 3/19 and I weighed 314. Today I weigh 299. Out of the 300's, yay!! I will be on liquids for one more week. I can't wait for puréeds!! Congrats to everyone
  13. beachbum
    beachbum
    I had surgery 3-25 and am on full liquids. Can't
    go to mushies for another week. Am down about
    18 pounds including 2 week diet.
  14. Rdoactv
    Rdoactv
    Still On Clears. Surgery 3/28..Down 9# y
  15. tyme4change
    tyme4change
    Got sleeved on march 11 and did pretty op diet for 10 days weighed 455. Now starting to eat solid foods and it is awesome. But can only eat about 4 to 5 tablespoons of food then completely full. Now I weigh 391 lbs. Yeah!
  16. mamie09
    mamie09
    I am 21 days post-op. I started at 286 I am at 260 I am eating tuna and chicken salad,soft eggs. I had two (small) steamed shrimp for some protein today. All is well. I think I start stage 4 on the 14th or 15th------ Will look at my book.
  17. ksosne
    ksosne
    Sleeved 3/18...285 at start of pre-op diet, 260 now! I'm eating mostly yogurt and soups. Just tried some mashed potatoes but I'm not sure they are going down very well. So back to more liquids. I have to get some more protein powder tho since I cannot stand the pre-made drinks I have. Yuk!
  18. carol62
    carol62
    Sleeved 27th march and on pureed foods...started at 224lbs at start of pre op and now at 203lbs thats a 21lbs loss....
  19. starflip
    starflip
    Had my surgery on March 6. I'm on the 5th week of the diet which is solid foods. I can eat about 3/4 cup of food at one time and haven't had any issues with what I've eaten. I lost 17lbs on optifast prior to surgery and 13lbs after.
  20. McSusan
    McSusan
    My surgery was March 5th. I'm down 19lbs, including the pre opp 7 days liquids. I'm super frustrated with my diet and when I saw the DR today I received a big lecture about sticking to it. Full liquids for another 4 weeks. Doc says I'm dehidreaded and I'm not getting enough fluids in and that is effecting my weight loss. Still questioning my decision to have this surgery. So so frustrated!
  21. Sharita
    Sharita
    Hi! I had my surgery on he 27th, I am on full liquids, I have 2 whey protein shakes, one in the morning and one at night to get my proteins in. I drink water through out the day to keep hydrated, for lunch I have natural yoghurt, about 45gm of it and around 5pm I have clear chicken broth. So far I have lost 14 lbs, I am loving it.
  22. sheenamo
    sheenamo
    Hello. I had surgery on March 11. I'm on soft foods and so far I've lost 30 pounds since surgery day. For breakfast and lunch I drink a Premier protein shake and for dinner I have a soft boiled egg or puréed meat. I'm on the dreaded 3 week stall though! Hopefully it passes soon.
  23. march192013
    march192013
    Did anyone that has started to eat real foods weight loss slowed down after you started to eat again?
  24. CorbyFit
    CorbyFit
    surgery was March 25. I'm on mushies. Love cranking up that blender. Can only tolerate chicken right now, mixed in some refried beans and vegetable broth. Tried oatmeal today, made it really soupy but did not go down well. Bit of sleeve talk back, "hey, I'm not sure I like oatmeal, try me again in 2 weeks." Started 230 and now 214. yes, when I started adding real food (not just liquids), weight loss did start to slow down. So next week I am hitting the gym. Still and will always be using those protein shakes. Hard part for me.... drinking all that water. I'm lucky to get in 16 oz a day. I did not drink much during the day before surgery and now, it is so hard.
  25. janas94
    janas94
    I had surgery the 25th of March. I am on pureed foods. I started at 264 lost 33lbs,231 day of surgery since surgery i have lost 9lbs total lost so far 42lbs.
  26. crawforduci
    crawforduci
    I was sleeved on March 11th and really have had no problems; no nausea, no throwing up. I am starting wk. 5 where i get 2 tbs. cottage cheese, fruit, starch, veggies chopped, soup, etc. I've been using Bariatric Advantage stuff, apple sauce, gourmet baby food, jello, pureed bean & lentil soups. Today, it has been 39-lbs. My trouble is getting all the water down, though I flavor it with lemon powder. My friends tell me my complexion is better and are noticing I've lost weight. Though I had insurance covering it, I was shocked at the "list" price: more than $80K so far! I still find myself quite not interested in food...liberating in a way. I am exercising daily at the Y and will rejoin "boot camp" there in 2-weeks. I miss my buddies there, but Dr. says no no for a while.
  27. jiffypop
    jiffypop
    I had my surgery on the 27th. I started at 250, and im down to 235. I do think i will be excited to chew my food. :-) Good luck all!
  28. Lola1965
    Lola1965
    I had my surgery on 3/4 and I am down 24 lbs. I have my 6 week visit next week. I feel like it's coming off slow. How about everyone else?
  29. karkar56
    karkar56
    I had surgery 3/21. On to soft foods and no real issues, other than occasional acid reflux I am down 20 pounds, but that was in the first 2 weeks. I have been staying about the same since. I was really expecting the weight to come off a little bit faster too, but I keep reminding myself that they told us that it will take up to one year.
  30. tyme4change
    tyme4change
    I had my surgery on 3/11. On my 6th week and eating mostly solid foods. But still doesn't feel good after eating. Gas isn't as bad as it was. Gas X strips help. Don't enjoy food that much anymore. It's hard to find food that I like. Still can't eat breads, too hard, even thin breads. Drinking 64oz of water near impossible. But been adding cranberry/grape juice to water and it is easier to drink more liquid/water. I started at 455lbs and now I am at 373lbs, that a 82lbs lost. I feel great!