Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

where to go for the operation, prague or pay another 3k to have it done here

1. Gillian52
    Gillian52
    hi everyone,
    i am wanting to book surgery soon and am amazed at all the different prices, if money was no object i would pay for one nearest to home with a good surgeon BUT, i have to pay myself and 6k is better than 9 or 10k
    please will you contact if you have been to Prague or other surgeons, i would love to chat (is it as good as they are promoting)
    i went to Piestany in Brataslava for major dental work and it was a fantastic experience
    hope there is someone out there
    many thanks
  2. it is now
    it is now
    Hi Gillian,

If I am right from what you are saying you are okay to pay 6k in prague, cos if that is so i am having mine done at the Spires hospital in Roding Essex and its 7600k and thats the cheapest I have found. Its with a surgeon named Dr Mannur and he comes highly recommended and very good. The clinic also runs a group which meets once every month where you can meet pre sleevers and post sleevers.

If you want more information do let me know. I hope this helps.
  3. Gillian52
    Gillian52
    thanks very much for your reply, you are very kind
    i have done it!!!!
    after spending nearly 3 weeks, non stop researching etc, i have found Dr Martin Hruby in Turnov (flying to Prague)
    i am very impressed with what i have read, i have successfully liaised with him this week, several times and i have a date to go out, 28/04

so its on with losing as much weight as i can before i go, plenty of protein he said and low carb
    i am scared of the idea of even having a shunt in my hand but, if i come out the other side, i am going to work so hard at it

its lovely to have someone to chat to, when are you going for yours? by the way currently my bmi is 52.5 (56 at doctors)!

thanks again
    gillian x
  4. niamh
    niamh
    Good to hear you're happy with your decision, keep us posted in the lead-up to the surgery. I'm in Bedfordshire, where are you? My starting BMI was about 41, and I'm now down to about 27.5, six and a half months out. Best decision I ever made.
  5. fattypants
    fattypants
    Hi gillian, I am looking at the overseas options, which company is your prague surgery through and do you mind me asking the cost? was it pretty quick to get the surgery booked? thanks xx
  6. fattypants
    fattypants
    sorry meant to say for cost, did that include all ur flights, accommodation, hospital and transfers or are those extra? x
  7. Felicity
    Felicity
    Unfortunately I've been off a while. Just returned from Prague, the clinic is outstanding and the price below 5k.includes everything except flights. Contact me if you needs contacts. We were 4 to use the clinic at the same time. I,m 6 days post open.
  8. Felicity
    Felicity
    Unfortunately I've been off a while. Just returned from Prague, the clinic is outstanding and the price below 5k.includes everything except flights. Contact me if you needs contacts. We were 4 to use the clinic at the same time. I,m 6 days post open.
  9. Gillian52
    Gillian52
    thanks everyone for posting, sorry i am unsure how to send individual replies???????
    Felicity, i would love to keep in touch with our surgeries both being in April.
    I am going to Turnov; it is 4200 euros (£3590.17 todays rate),for the operation which includes staying in the hospital completely
    there is another 140 euros (£119.67 todays rate),for transport, Turnov is about 70 miles? i will be picked up at the airport, taken to hospital and the return journey is included
    Also my flights cost just under £110
    that concludes the costs, i will update you with any changes to this
    Ii asked for an early as poss date and Dr Martin Hruby gave me 30/04 (so 3 weeks)
    I will fly Sunday, go to hospital, have tests Monday and operated on Tuesday. Personally, i have decided to stay till the following Sunday, this way i need not take anyone with me

Any other questions , please ask, i am happy to share
  10. Felicity
    Felicity
    Hi Gillian,
    Glad you've found one. Good luck and get in touch when you need anything info. Don't worry about going abroad ,I was given the best care . Had my stitches taken yesterday and my GO was highly impress.
  11. Gillian52
    Gillian52
    Thanks very much Felicity, I will follow your , hope mine will be an excellent experience like yours x