Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery Wed 4/17 and only down 6 pounds on 2 week pre-op diet .... Normal?

1. DebNC
    DebNC
    I am having surgery tomorrow (not too anxious, just excited)...and have been on liquids, greek yogurt, lots of protein shakes with skim milk. Followed 2 week pre op diet to the tee, and have only lost 6#! Is this normal? I know that is why we are all having this surgery - because we can't lose the weight on our own!-yikes. I have read all the posts of 15-25# weight loss pre op. Granted I have had a very "healthy diet" (no preservatives, mostly raw) for years and have gained weight from inactivity/injury and just eating way too much....but man this is frustrating! Has anyone else lost very little pre-op?
  2. Sharobert
    Sharobert
    I only lost 5 lbs pre op and its been 15 days since my surgery and ive lost a total of 20 lbs as of this morning, you are doing fine
  3. DebNC
    DebNC
    Sharobert thanks so much...been freaking out a bit...thanks again
  4. laydlyke
    laydlyke
    Hi Deb! I'm in NC too! :-) I am on day 9 of the pre-op diet and I have only lost 6lbs as well. But it's that time of the month for me and I feel like I might be a little dehydrated. Both of those can cause you to retain fluids. I lost those 6 in the first 4 days. Don't fret! Any weightloss is great, and the change in your diet has most definitely shrunk your liver. Good luck!