Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hi everyone! Just an update 29 days out! Everyone give me a shout!

1. Travis Guillot
    Travis Guillot
    Hi everyone, i had my sleeve on march 5, 2013 in tijuana with dr. Almanza. Flew to san diego, ca from south louisiana. It was a great experiance. Im like 29 days out, and i was 287pds, and now im 247 pds! It will be a long, and slow journey retraining your stomach, and everyone is different in time frame. I personally, within two weeks post op, introduced yogurts, proteiin shakes, boost meal replacement drinks, cream of broccoli soup. Now about a month out, my diet mainly consist of; my coffee in the morning followed by single pack of apple cinn instant oatmeal, every few hrs although i never feel hunger at all, i know mentally i have to put something in me every two to three hrs. I am able to nibble on most foods now, but really no meats becuase i'm still training my new stomach and being very cautious and taking it slow. It s kinda experimental you know. I still enjoy cooking for my wife and children. I feel so frikin full of life, so much energy. I cooked some pork the other day with rice and gravy, mashed potatoes, peas, greens and everyone loved it. I did sneak in two tablespoons of rice and gravy/mashed potatoes which went down with no problems. I just really take it slow, baby steps. I enjoy alot of the little snack size fruit cups, vegetable soups now, oh and i eat a nice salad with bacon bits everyday! God i love salad. Umm, i have sherbert, yogurt, a few potato chips(four or five chips), alot of vegetables whether in soups or steamed or boiled in my diet now, even canned greens like spinach, etc... Get the vitamins and protein however you must people! I enjoy mac n cheese singles, alot of fish, fresh, sardines, tilapia, salmon(protein!!!) alot of milk, juice, jello's. Multi vitamin everyday! Water, water!! I'm keeping a 800 cal diet till i reach my goal! I'm loosing, i've had a check-up at local hospital, they did six x-rays, said my surgery looked great, and i feel great, and the er dr. Dellinger stated that he had just transfered here to south louisiana from san diego, ca where he worked at a major hospital, knew of dr. Almanza and his work, and complimented several times on his great sleeve work, and how my sleeve looked great on x-ray. Stay on top your incisions, i clean mine religiously, had gotten slight infection, slight redness around them, er doc prescribed me clyndamiacin, a much stronger anti-biotic, that whipped it. I get compliments all the time now, but i feel so healthy everyone. Went from a 3xxxl to a xlarge, new clothes, i have even started some light p90x beach body living room excercising! Alot of walking! Sex is great with the wifey again! No more sleep acnea and snoring(she says) lol! Best decision! Take care everyone, hope this helps!
  2. releasenready
    releasenready
    thanks for the post
  3. malwes99
    malwes99
    Thank you for that. Quick question are you still drinking protein shakes every day. Also I didn't think we could have salads for a while.(like 3/4 months out).
  4. Travis Guillot
    Travis Guillot
    No, i dont do the protein shakes everyday, maybe every other, it will get old, and you will start experimenting, just beeeeeee sloooww! A mouse nibble nibble when introducing new things, give the body time to react in digestion, and see how it affects you in the bathroom. Lol. The only thing i noticed is that i ate a bite of something sweet, and i had almost instant nausea, then run to the bathroom to take a squat! So common sense told me that with the pre=op diet, then post op, that i have to understand that i have pretty much been sugar free throughout, or 90 percent less than before my nerw journey where i was just indulging like crazy! So, basically to much sweet for me, shocked my system that dosent really know it anymore, want it anymore, or need it anymore! Hope this helps.
  5. rowdyrazorback
    rowdyrazorback
    Travis,
    Great posts and congratulations....very encouraging! Keep them up.....
    thanks,
    Rod
  6. Travis Guillot
    Travis Guillot
    Oh, and about salads. I never once was warned by anyone. I have been eating salad for a couple weeks. I have absolutely no issues! Me and wifey went to don's seafood a couple days ago hear in lafayette, la. She had her nice seafood dinner, i had my side salad with thousand island first, which was nice sized for an appetizer, which we shared. Then we sat there, just enjoyed conversation for about 30 mins before ordering our meals. I had a small cup of seafood gumbo(us cajuns know whats good che") which had a little minced crab meat, a couple oysters, etc... And it was frikin great! I had absolutely no issues. Butttt. I eat extremely slow now, feel my stomach with bite by bite, and never ever ever take in anything where i feel any kind of uncomfortable! Hope this help.
  7. JuneBug
    JuneBug
    Great Post, I'm coming up on my 3 wk surgiversary , Thanks for sharing, & CONGRATULATIONS!
  8. RoDean
    RoDean
    CONGRATULATIONS TRAVIS!!!!! You are an inspiration for us all. Keep up the hard work. I am not having surgery until July so I am concentrating on trying to eat really small bites really slowly as I am the fastest eater I know. I have bee trying to eat everything with chop-sticks, it's really helping me to slow down. I am trying so hard to remember to count my chewing, I know this is soooo going to be the hardest thing for me. I am so happy for you and the fact that you have total control now!! God bless!!
  9. mstrigs
    mstrigs
    Travis as a man who is about your size I really read your post with enthusiasm. My surgery with Dr. A is April 11th. Thank you for all the GREAT advice. You truly are an inspiration.

And yes you cajuns sure know how to eat. I am up in Wisconsin with the Beer, cheese and brats. And that is why I am getting sleeved. To much good fattening food. Oh yes I do think the Big 10 is better than the SEC overall. (I am just trying to stroke you a little b/c I have so many friends in your neck of the woods. Some of my dearest. We always argue about college football and BB. Mostly FB. SEC sure has had a lock lately. But this comment is probably better for another blog in a different web site!)
  10. MsMoe
    MsMoe
    I have also noticed that if I have something sweet, I get nausea almost immediately!!! Wish I'd had that problem since childhood! Would have never needed the surgery! Lol

Take care! And best wishes!
  11. amelia
    amelia
    very nice to read your story. my sleeve was 3/18. What a rush with you and wifey!! good to hear!
  12. Nadia Noor
    Nadia Noor
    WOW!!! Congrats!!
  13. Aprikot
    Aprikot
    Thank you for posting your experience, it's extremely helpful! I'm having surgery on 5/16 with Dr. Almanza...I can't wait!
  14. Dyanne4293
    Dyanne4293
    Thank you for posting your progress. Word of advice - focus on PROTEIN with your meals.
  15. vegasgalVS
    vegasgalVS
    Thanks so much for sharing your experience thus far! Seriously can tell that you are having a great responce to your surgery and it is encouraging to hear such positive feedback I am having surgery on 4/12/13 and it really helps to hear when someone is doing so well. Dont get me wrong I know that not all will snap back as quickly but it still sure great to hear about the ones that are doing well!! Keep up the good work and keep us posted!!
  16. cdudley
    cdudley
    Congrats to you and Thanks for sharing you story makes it all worth while.... love love love it....
  17. Island Girl
    Island Girl
    Congrats Travis! Love your post...thank you for sharing! Isn't life great!!
  18. Sheri59601
    Sheri59601
    That makes me feel wonderful about Dr. Armanza I can't even tell you!! My surgery is in 15 days and this makes me feel reassured ! Telling people your going to Mexico they look at you like your a NUT BALL!!! LOL I had spoke to others and they say the care is great and very clean it is just the unknown but how you put it hit the spot!!!!! Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!