Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

13 Weeks Out and Have a Stricture & Hiatal Hernia

1. dammfamily
    dammfamily
    Well I have been nauseated for weeks. I went for an upper GI and have found I have a stricture above my stomach. They also said I have a Hiatal Hernia. I do not know why Dr. Almanza did not mention it when he did my surgery? Well life has been rough to say the least. Now I will wait for the doctor here to call me to get it fixed.
  2. rowdyrazorback
    rowdyrazorback
    that sux
  3. favors1
    favors1
  4. favors1
    favors1
    I did not have my gallbladder out when he did the sleeve and they recommended it when I was sleeved. Well I was sleeved 2/17/12 and started having gallbladder issues in Nov. had the endoscopy done and they found the hiatal hernia but Dr. Said they don't touch that unless its causing problems. Had my gallbladder out in Dec. and been smooth sailing ever since!
    Good luck
  5. cdudley
    cdudley
    Sorry about your lil set back but thanks favor1 for the great information....
  6. azladyrider
    azladyrider
    I have heard of quite a few people getting the hernias. Sounds painful sorry. I was glad I already had my gall bladder out many years ago. Kidney stones I was worried about but nearly 9 months now and knock on wood. Hope you feel better soon
  7. THE_MONK
    THE_MONK
    Interesting article here. Seems like common sense that they should repair them while in there...

Hiatal hernias must be closed in most sleeve gastrectomies | Bariatric News

From the cited study:
    SG with HHR is feasible and safe, providing good management of GERD in obese patients with reflux symptoms. Small hiatal defects could be underdiagnosed at preoperative endoscopy and/or upper gastrointestinal contrast study. Thus, a careful examination of the crura is always recommended intraoperatively.