Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Since we are all friends here... Help I need to go #2!!!

1. Lissy
    Lissy
    Hello again fellow February sleevers! Well I didn't have a BM for 10 days then finally I had one then nothing for six days but I started to feel backed up so I used a suppository before I took my daughter swimming just in case. I've heard horror stories of uncontrolled BM. Since Saturday I've had nothing. I've had lots of tummy cramping but nothing is coming out. I am taking stool softeners everyday and milk of magnesia twice a day. I'm getting my fluids in now with the help of gatoraid. What's your guises experience with this? I know potty talk is awkward but don't be embarrassed. Should I just keep at it or use another suppository? Or enema to get everything cleaned out. I'm afraid of using suppositories too much because you body can become dependent on them. Whatcha all think?
  2. feesrus
    feesrus
    What does your doctor say?
  3. Lissy
    Lissy
    He says to just continue with the meds and eventually my body will adjust. Easier said then done.
  4. TinaF1971
    TinaF1971
    I hadn't had one for 11 days post-op. I just called my surgeon's nurse and she said Miralax. I didn't have any, so she said Milk of Magnesia would be fine. My husband had picked up a stool softener and some Benefiber. She said I could take that, as well, to help me become regular. I took some MoM this morning, along with a stool softener pill, and it kicked in somewhat. I can feel some rumblings in my tummy, as if I'm going to go again, soon! :/

Do you think you can add some Benefiber? I'm using the Equate brand from Walmart. It's supposed to help with regularity, too. Good luck!
  5. Lissy
    Lissy
    I don't know. I would have to look into it. I'm finally getting my fluids down so I don't want to taint the taste and get dehydrated again but I will definatly check it out.
  6. Truecarm
    Truecarm
    When I had my sleeved it took awhile to go too. But my doctor told me it was normal after surgery it just take your body a little while to get back to normal. I drink one benefiber a day, which helps me out, I think it help that I'm on soft food stage where I can add more fiber to my food as well.
  7. DR97
    DR97
    I listen to all these posts about being constipated and I dont know is I should feel relieved or jealous. I have had the total opposite since I came home from surgery. Everything put in my mouth rumbles al the way through. Feels like I am still doing the bowel prep. Nurse say it is normal. How can both me normal. I am so afraid of becoming dehydrated.
  8. Beachtammy
    Beachtammy
    My doctors team said one teaspoon of baby food prunes with every meal for no more than two days. I did for three days and two days later, I wish I had only done one. But call you doctor.
  9. Lissy
    Lissy
    I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. It seems to happen every 5-7 days and its not hard or soft and in between I don't feel constipated. I never have been an every day person. I just think my body is using everything I put into it and there isn't anything left over. Thanks for all the advise.