Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Anyone sleeving on the 26th?

1. greifelt
    greifelt
    I was wondering if anyone is scheduled for the 26th I'd love to go through this with someone and not feel alone.I can't believe my surgery date is so close. I did my pre op testing everything went fine now I have an appointment to get the last clearance from my general practitioner and I'm good to go. The strange thing is my doctor does not require a long pre op diet I just have to fast on liquids for 2 days before the surgery and that's it anyone else? I'm so excited I feel like a child at Christmas. looking forward to be on the recovery side of this.

Wishing everyone much success!
  2. sonya2013
    sonya2013
    My surgery was scheduled for the 26th now rescheduled for feb 25th I am on a 7-10 day pre op diet of low carbs high protein!
  3. AmberLynn
    AmberLynn
    mine is on the 27th... had endoscope yest.. pre op mon im super excited
  4. AmberLynn
    AmberLynn
    just liquads 24 hrs before
  5. Honey Bee
    Honey Bee
    I'm on the 26th!!! Running off to work now but will private message you later.
  6. Stayinfocused
    Stayinfocused
    I'm on the 26th as well. 2 week Liquid Diet. Started on Tuesday the 12th. I'm excited, nervous and scared all at the same time.

Wishing everyone the best of luck !!!
  7. smr76
    smr76
    My surgery is on the 26th also. I have to be on a full 2 week liquid diet which I started on Tuesday the 12th. It really sucks!!! But i am excited to get the surgery done.
  8. greifelt
    greifelt
    Hi Everybody!

I am glad to have a group going on the 26th. I am fortunate and do not have to do the 2 week pre op diet. I have liquids for 24 hours before and thats it. I have been working on new eating behaviors and trying new recipes, I don't want to be shocked after the surgery. I so want to have what my Dr. calls the last "hoorah!" but I have lost a little weight in this process and don't want to blow it, or get back into that habbit. I am very interested to learn more about everybody; things like have you told anyone; anyone with any ambivalent emotions and I had a negative experience with a friend, anyone have any of that nonsense?

11 days - lets keep each other posted!
  9. Stayinfocused
    Stayinfocused
    Day 6 on the liquid diet. It really hasn't been to bad. I found myself being a little on the jittery side yesterday for a few hours, but it passed. I'm trying so very hard to stay busy. Coming onto this website has helped me in ways I can't explain. I weigh myself everyday. Spending the weekend with my guy at his house. He has 2 scales. I used both. 4lbs difference between them. UGH !

The 26th seems so far, yet so close. I wake up each day and still can't believe this is really going to happen. Anyone else thinking this way?
  10. greifelt
    greifelt
    I feel like the 26th is never going to get here. I realize it is right around the corner but it still seems so far away.I am very excited ands can't wait and I have so much to do before the 26th.I have so much nervous energy that I I am not sleeping well. I guess I just can't wait to be a "loser"!!
  11. madalto
    madalto
    I have my surgery on February 27. I'm on day two of my pre-op liquid diet and I'm doing much better than yesterday with the hunger and cravings. I didn't do a "last hurrah". I figured if I gained weight I'd have to lose it again. I'm so excited for you! I am like you and am still in shock and can't believe that this is going to happen. Thinking about finally being at a healthy weight and fixing my relationship with food is mind blowing. I'm so grateful to get to know others who are making the same great liberating decision Good luck!
  12. greifelt
    greifelt
    Tomorrow is the day!! Ready?
  13. Stayinfocused
    Stayinfocused
    I had my surgery on the 26th. I'm home and feeling a little stronger each day. The amount of liquid and protein intake required is impossible. I'm on liquids for 2 weeks post op, then moving onto pureed foods. I'm trying to be as active as possible. Yesterday was really my first active day, as I did 1 mile on the treadmill. Getting ready for another mile today as well. Slowly increase as I can. I got home on the 28th. Got my period the very next morning. Retained some water from that, which is now over. How is everyone making out? Best night's sleep I had was last night in my recliner. I'm really feeling better today.