Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Next Phase soft food

1. Truecarm
    Truecarm
    Well I made it to the next phrase of my sleeve, the soft food stage. So far my doctor said I'm doing good, still can't have pasta/bread for other 6wks and missing my pasta big time. Had my sleeved on 2/6th wasn't for sure if I made the right choice but now I know this was the best decision I made, hit some rough spots but making it though it.
  2. Savagels650
    Savagels650
    Awesome for you!!! Keep workin' that sleeve.
  3. flipflopgirl
    flipflopgirl
    Good for you!!!! I was sleeved 2/1/13 and I start soft foods tomorrow and I'm so excited!!!! Best of luck to you!!!!
  4. Jasmine
    Jasmine
    That sounds great! I start soft foods next Thursday and can hardly wait! After all of these sweet shakes, I'm really ready for eggs or cottage cheese!!
  5. Lissy
    Lissy
    Good for you! I had my sleeve on the 7th. I've been on soft/mushy food for a couple of days and liking it. It feels a little normal again having to chew and have lots of different varieties of food. I am still having protein shakes here and there and broth and juice as fall backs. Last night I had so severe nausea and anxiety. I had to take 5 gravol to settle my stomach. Finally I went in my hot tub and that calmed everything down. I haven't been able to go
    In since the surgery because of the incision healing. I was scared that moving to soft food would stop or slow my weight loss and it slowed down for a day or two but seems to be getting back to 1-1/2 lbs a day. I was finally able to get some errands done yesterday. I was out for about 5 hrs and am a little sore today but still seem to be coming around. My doc said a six week recovery, I'm and 16 days and chugging on, doing well. Nice to hear that your recovery is going good and you made it through the rough patches. Keep me posted. So far you are the closest to my surgery day so its nice to hear my experience is normal. Keep going!!
  6. Truecarm
    Truecarm
    I went out for awhile today too, and feel little sore, my doctor told me 6 weeks recovery, but slowly getting my engery back. My doctor told me to use baby fork/spoon to help control among I eat that way when I go to regular food I have idea of among to put on regular fork/spoon. Keep me post as well.
  7. Lissy
    Lissy
    Good idea. Lots of people have told me to eat baby food to get my protein in while still on soft food. I have to say that I think that stuff is so nasty I didn't even feed it to my baby! I made all home made baby food. Beside the point, anyway, my doc said not to eat baby food because there is so much fat and other stuff in it that's not good. He said make you're own purée. Apparently a lot of people eat baby food after this surgery in spite of what their doctors say. I have to say the mind over tummy thing is weird. I look at something like a banana and think that I can eat that and I take three bites and I'm full. Ai really like the idea of the baby fork or spoon though. Would force one to take smaller bites which is way better then large bites. Thanks for the idea.
  8. bestnester
    bestnester
    I can't wait to be on soft foods. I am still 2 weeks from that. My surgeon does each phase for a week so I am on full liquids right now. Then starting Thursday I can do pureed food. Can't wait for some beans, yams, potatoes, cauliflower. Oh the options seem endless when you are stuck with liquids.
  9. mpbarkley
    mpbarkley
    I had my sugery on the 11th and my doctor let me start on soft foods before the 14th day. Was so excited but soon learned that I'm not the person that I used to be. Eat a small piece of fish but it was too much for my small stomch. I don't want to see soup anymore