Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Lapband out.. Sleeve surgery to be rescheduled..

1. Jeni Cerone
    Jeni Cerone
    Doctor decided to just pull the lapband yesterday and reschedule the sleeve. Now Im recovering from yesterdays surgery and will hopefully get my sleeve in the next few weeks. Im kinda bummed I didn't have it all in one shot.. The doctor wants my stomach to reshape to normal so he can make a pretty smooth sleeve. I think the worst thing about surgery is coming out of it.. not knowing to moan or cry.. that feeling of being lost.

Have this horrible gas bubble pain in my shoulder..
  2. Bren-duh
    Bren-duh
    I'm sorry. I had to removed my Lapband, due to it slipped, and had to wait for something new, because my insurance wouldn't cover the revision. I had my sleeved procedure, today. It's not too bad, except for feeling nauseas. Hopefully, everything will work out. Good luck and God Bless..
  3. Jeni Cerone
    Jeni Cerone
    I hope you have a speedy recovery Bren-duh. and congratulations on your new beginning. I hate the nauseas feeling ;( I have an appointment on the 25th to talk to doctor about scheduling the sleeve surgery. He is keeping me out on medical leave until after the next surgery, so I dont think Im going to have to wait to long.. *fingers crossed.
  4. waiting2bthin
    waiting2bthin
    My physican remove the lapband and continued with the sleeve procedure. Today I went for my follow up and found out that he left so much stomach that I able down over 14 oz of liquid in one setting. He did explain that the stomach was so mis shapen from the lapband. I'm so angry that I am going to demand that he do the surgery over. When is your sleeve schedule for?
  5. meggles
    meggles
    Hi im new to this site have had lap band lost 30kg but have had problems for the last year going back all the time to doctor,and putting weight back on suggested sleeve said no but have had a think have decided to have surgery but am a bit nervous also sick of being over weight and comments still at my age so will bite the bullet and go for it!!!!
  6. Lissy
    Lissy
    Wow! I had to decide whether to get the sleeve or the band, the difference for me was $5000 and when your a single mom that money is huge! After all my research I went with a sleeve over the band and down $20000 but worth it. I think that extra $5000 would have been spent anyway with fills and stuff. I am 32 and I want more children, unfortunately I get the severe form of morning sickness with pregnancy so I'm on ivs the entire time and every med that I can be and I still puke 10-15 times a day. With that in mind I was scared the band would slip or fail. Anyway, long story short you guys make me believe I made the right decision.