Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Today is the day!

1. robsmith
    robsmith
    Well today is the day I have the sleeve done. Yesterday I flew in from Ohio. So far everyone here has been nice and helpful. We were lucky to run into a past patient that was here with a friend. She had her sleeve done in June 2012 and everything is going great. She came down with about 5 friends and family for the surgery. They all have had 0 complications. That eases my thoughts a little bit. Jerusalem Clinic at times seems a little at a disarray. But everyone is very nice and explains everything to you.

Yesterday when we were at the clinic, they were performing 13 surgeries. Today for mine I think here is only 8-9. I get to go last due to a previous surgery I had. So I will post as soon as I can after my surgery.

Also Hotel Ticuan is a pretty nice hotel. But it is loud outside and the walls are pretty thin. Also like it has been mentioned before, bring an extension cord, there are only two outlets in the room and they are on the right and left side of the tv.
  2. Ottawaguy
    Ottawaguy
    Good luck. I had mine done a year and half ago. I lost 100lbs and I am enjoying life to the fullest.
  3. ShannaBanana
    ShannaBanana
    I'll be there next Friday..... =-O
  4. THE_MONK
    THE_MONK
    You will be fine! Congrats on taking the first, most important step in your new life.
  5. robsmith
    robsmith
    It is 7am in Mexico right now, I get picked up at 10am to head to the clinic..
  6. relkins2
    relkins2
    I look forward to seeing more posts from you. I am scheduled for 2/28, and my nerves have been getting to me. If you are able to, please keep us updated on your experience. Good luck!
  7. WyomingDiva
    WyomingDiva
    Good luck - looking forward to hearing about your experience!!
  8. Pamwa
    Pamwa
    The entire experience with Jerusalem clinic is wonderfully professional. You will be pleased with you surgery....6 months and 71.5# behind me! Congrats!
  9. Bebegrl4god
    Bebegrl4god
    I pray blessing for you on your journey and ask god to guide the hands off the surgeon and staff. I hope to be on my journey soon.
  10. losing4good
    losing4good
    Good Luck and post when you can..
  11. vmbayne
    vmbayne
    You won't regret it! Dr. Almanza is a well trained and exceptional surgeon! You are in good hands! God Bless You.
  12. Dreamer25
    Dreamer25
    It's gonna all work out! Just know it gets better every day
  13. Truffles
    Truffles
    Good luck!
  14. RoDean
    RoDean
    Good Luck Rob!!! I know I didnt make this post before you left for surgery, but thoughts are with you, as well as wishes for a speedy recovery. I am not having my surgery until July 22nd as I could not take vacation time before then, so I am living my life through all of you for the time being. I cant wait to hear about and follow your continued success!!!
  15. robsmith
    robsmith
    2 days post op. Had the drain and IV removed. Not feeling bad. Gas pains are the worst of it. Almanza and his staff has done a wonderful job for me and the whole Feb 19th crew. It is truly an experience. Is it painful, well yea, your getting cut. Drivers are great, Nathan the kid that takes your blood, awesome. Nurses are caring. The pain meds are weak, but you just got to suck it up a little. Trying to get sleep is tough. The hotel is really nice. Defiantly bring an extension cord.
    Well my flight is at 12:30 tomorrow. We leave here at 7:45am. So goodnight sleeved world!