Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Has anyone else gained weight?

1. SeaOtterFan
    SeaOtterFan
    I had surgery 1/21. I lost 13 lbs in the first 5 days but then in the past week or so I have actually GAINED 4 lbs. I'm still on thick liquids- mostly pureed soups (not cream based) and beans. I have had some guacamole mixed in with thinned beans but not every day. No juices, regular milk or anything with over 3gm of sugar per serving. I estimated calories a few days and I figure I'm getting 600-700 calories on most days. Compared to how I used to eat (at least 700 calories per MEAL), why would I not be dropping weight?
  2. KarenLynn
    KarenLynn
    When I got home from the hospital I actually weighed 13 pounds more than when I went into the hospital. I lost that and about 7 more pounds. But the last week I have gained 1-2 pounds. I'm not eating anything but what I should. Kinda frustrating when you think you should be loosing something with the amount of food you eat and the protein that you are taking in!!
  3. amykarryn
    amykarryn
    My surgery was on Jan. 7th, and although I have not gained, I think i finally hit the famous stall. I came home from the hospital at 242 and my lowest weight registered a few days ago at 217.6. This morning the scale said 218. I'm on saft foods. I get maybe around 500 to 600 calories a day depending on what exactly I eat. Still having trouble getting all the protein in there, because i can't stand so many of the shakes and powders. Anyone whos ays unjury unflavored has no flavor is on crack lol

I would imagine that our bodies are making a last ditch effort to hold on to the food we are putting into our bodies since they are used to so much more, and maybe they are feeling a little bit like they are in starvation mode. I think if you just hold out and keep doing what you are doing that you'll start to lose again. You coulud also be gaining muscle if you are starting to move around more and or exercise.

In any case, i would say contact your dietician if you have any questions and if it seems to persist. Good luck!
  4. pinnie
    pinnie
    It's due to a change in hydration. As we are not eating solids yet our fluids change regularly. I wouldn't stress to much xx
  5. Mis Slimonade
    Mis Slimonade
    It is nice to know that others are doing the same as I am. lost 20 lbs in the 1st week and had not lost any more until yesterday.