Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Im freaking out just a little.

1. dmgriffith92
    dmgriffith92
    H I have 34 Days until my surgery. My procedure is paid for, my plane tickets are paid for, but my pass port is not here. I got the application in on Feb. 1 but they didn't do anything with it until Feb. 5. When I talked to them today they said it can take six weeks for them to even send it to me. Which puts me at March 19th which hitting an awful close dead line since I leave on the 21st of march. They said it is in processing and everything looks good so far. But that never gave me my answer of the passport being here in time for me to go. They asked me if I had my dates f when I was leaving on there I said yes but she still wouldn't give me answer except they have six weeks to send it to me. So proceeded to ask is it six weeks from the date that the application was turned in and she by passed that question also. Does anyone know this answer.
  2. tophat
    tophat
    It usually takes 2-4 weeks.
  3. jtjabrael99
    jtjabrael99
    Hello dont worry you dont need your passport as long as yu have your birth cert & driver lic you will be fine.
  4. ShannaBanana
    ShannaBanana
    It won't take six weeks. Mine came in twelve days.my friends came in three weeks
  5. Dyanne4293
    Dyanne4293
    I got mine in 2 weeks. My surgeon's clinic never asked for it.
  6. cowgirldiva17
    cowgirldiva17
    Relax!! I didn't have mine. Birth cert and state id is fine.
  7. StephF89
    StephF89
    I am from California and am in TJ right now. I have my ID and birth certificate, tomorrow I go home and will let you know how it went. I think the hospital kind of has an "in" with the border or something.

I'll let you know.
  8. jnaed
    jnaed
    I was there in January. Several people in my group had birth cert and ID and they were fine coming thru the border. Dont worry! Good luck!
  9. dmgriffith92
    dmgriffith92
    The passport place has my birth certificate so that's my next problem if it doesn't get here. But I will give till the second week of March before I really freak out. I'm so excited and its so hard not to worry about the main thing I need to do this.
  10. dmgriffith92
    dmgriffith92
    Thank you everyone
  11. Pamwa
    Pamwa
    You can pay to change it to expedited They are really good to work with and had the same issue and she told me not to worry and it was being processed and received shortly after that phone call.
  12. JennHug
    JennHug
    I paid the extra 60.00 for the expedited Visa card. I got it in 3 weeks with was plenty of time before my scheduled surgery date. And I had to use it twice in Mexico.
  13. rowdyrazorback
    rowdyrazorback
    I sent off for my passport on Jan 23rd and received my 2 days ago. You'll be just fine!
  14. Island Girl
    Island Girl
    Mine took 2 weeks to arrive...it all depends on the time of year etc. The passport office will not offer you the best case processing scenario...just in case it actually does take longer. If your passport does not arrive in time...be sure to have your driver's licence and birth certificate ready to take with you. It will be fine...focus on preparing for surgery and a fantastic new life style. Have great trip!!
  15. hope4me
    hope4me
    Yes they told me the same thing. But I came back pretty quick.