Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Biggest Fear/Anxiety

1. bestnester
    bestnester
    I find my mind wandering mostly at night regarding fears and anxiety for the surgery and after the surgery.

It is hard to tell my husband my fears since he can't relate. So, I thought I'd write here to see how you all are feeling before the surgery.
  2. stephii
    stephii
    I get really anxious and nervous about it all, sometimes find myself wondering if I'm doing the right thing! But health wise it is, and you just need to remind yourself of all the positives at the end of it all..
  3. pam1966
    pam1966
    Having the same feelings too! I am wondering if I am doing the right thing and how hard it is going to be. I am tired of this sweet liquid diet, I haven't chewed in days. I guess that I am just grumpy and having last minute jitters. I am scheduled at 7:30am tomorrow morning!
  4. Debi Lee
    Debi Lee
    First and foremost Pam, good luck to you. I go on the 13th of this month and am totally stoked for this surgery. I haven't had any issues so far with my pre-surg diet, but then I still have 10 days to go on it.
    Yes, I'm a tad bit nervous too, but I think that is normal when facing any kind of surgery. Then I think .. this is my decision to better my health .. I can and will do this. The bonus? I get healthier and get to spend more time with my family. GOOD LUCK to all of us!!
  5. pam1966
    pam1966
    Debi, thanks so much for your kind words. Feeling a little better this evening and actually a little excited now. Keep me posted on your progress! The best of luck to you too.
    Pam
  6. Jenjen5159
    Jenjen5159
    Good luck Pam hope everything is smooth sailing! You'll have to keep us posted on your progress! I am feeling the same way. Very excited about the surgery and what it will do for my life and my family's life but scared of the unknown! I have a one year old daughter whom I stay home with and she's very attached to me so trying to prepare myself for recovery and dealing with her.
  7. Tkvlandette
    Tkvlandette
    You know, other than the first day of my pre-op liquid diet has gone smoothly... not hungry, tons of energy, no anxiety.... until tonight that is!!! Here it is, 1:53 am, and I'm suppose to be waking up in 7 minutes to get ready to go the hospital for my 5:30 am surgery, but instead I've been up all night reading people's posts because all of a sudden I'm too nervous to sleep... and I'm hungry... really hungry!! It must be the nerves, but I keep telling myself this will be the best decision I've ever made!!
  8. bestnester
    bestnester
    Jenjen5159, I have a 16 month old boy and I think that is the hardest part right now. Knowing I will be away from him for 2 days, then when I am home, wont be able to pick him up or carry him. He is a momma's boy so it'll be interesting. My Mom is flying in for 8 days, so I think I will sneak upstairs while he naps and stay there for the majority of the time so he wont see me. He is fine if I am not around haha
  9. Picusue
    Picusue
    Bestnester- it's definitely normal to be anxious. My surgery is on the 19th. I'm excited to know that I will finally be able to feel better about myself and "feel comfortable in my own skin" if that makes sense. At the same time, I worry that I won't be able to do it. I am totally prepared as far as knowledge and research go. I have a friend who was sleeved in May who looks fantastic and has been a great resource for me so I know I shouldn't be worried.
    Best of luck to everyone! Keep us all posted on your progress!
    Oh, one last question for anyone reading this. Am I the only one whose doctor does not require a preop liquid diet? I only have to do liquids the day before surgery.
  10. RockNRose
    RockNRose
    biggest fears?
    Hair falling out, and dehydration... =/
    I worry I too am making the wrong choice....
  11. bestnester
    bestnester
    PIcusue, I have heard many different variations to the pre-op diet. Some have to do a liquid diet for 2 weeks. Some have just a low calorie diet for a week. Some don't do anything except all liquids the day before. I am on a week liquid diet and then the day before is just clear liquids.