Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Having Sleeve on the 7th of March with Dr. Quinones

1. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    Well I am taking the plunge, putting up my money and preparing myself mentally and emotionally.

I'm not looking forward to the 2 weeks fast before the sleeve, if I could do that so well I wouldn't need the sleeve!

Any one else going to Dr. Quinones?

Thanks!

Eleanor Rose
  2. ashlie
    ashlie
    I will be seeing Dr. Q on March 1st! Super excited! And also not looking forward to the fast.

Right now I'm trying to gather info on sample diets and the best supplements. To be honest one of the things I'm the most worried about as losing my hair! I've read that zinc is great to take as long as getting the right protein so I want to make sure I have all of that in line.

Good luck to you!
  3. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    Eleanorrose I am going to see there most likely, I am having mine done on March 8th. I feel the same as you, two weeks is going to be HAAAARD! Plus I am a mom of two toddlers so I need the energy to keep up with them, it's going to be hard to be out of it six weeks after the surgery while recovering PLUS two weeks before it while I am doing only liquids. Other surgeons only require one week of this, and some even only ask for 3-5 days of liquid diet, I'm not sure why we have to do a whole two weeks??
  4. ashlie
    ashlie
    Olga1o1, I'm with you on the "being able to me a mom" thing! I have a 17 month old and a 3 year old and I'm super worried about energy!
  5. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    Ashlie, so with you! I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old as well! And as toddlers go both VERY energetic! And my husband works a lot so other than my in-laws watching the girls for the four days of my time away in Mexico taking care of them is going to be ALLL ME. I'm a little scared about that part. Do you have a plan for someone to help out with your kids while you are recovering??
  6. cassandra
    cassandra
    Ladys i have a paper stating only one week diet.
  7. AmandaL
    AmandaL
    I'm with you guys! I'm getting sleeved with Dr. Q on March 22 and am totally stressing about the pre-op diet before hand although I can't tell you how excited I am to finally get this done!
  8. cassandra
    cassandra
    I have a 9,7&2 years old..but my 9 year takes care of his 2 year old sister since 4 days old he really love his sis.
  9. Backtome2013
    Backtome2013
    What are you telling your kids? I've told my 8 year old that I've having an operation on my tummy, but not my 5 year old,,,,
  10. melissagodinez
    melissagodinez
    How to Prevent Saggy Skin After Vertical Sleeve Surgery

Read more: How to Prevent Saggy Skin After Vertical Sleeve Surgery | eHow.com How to Prevent Saggy Skin After Vertical Sleeve Surgery | eHow.com
  11. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    Olgalol, My date was changed to March 8th! So we will see each other. As for the two little ones, yes, get help! Do not be stoic, you may be all right during your recovery, but you may slow it down. I am worried about the fact I am I have to fly across the country alone, with oe stop and then when I get to NY it will be very, very late, and I will still have to get to the lot and then drive 2 hours home, I think that is going to be hard because I am going to have to walk a lot,, right after surgery. Where are you coming from? I'm in CT.