Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Any Aussie single sleevers? Being BIG and single sucks.

1. Truebody
    Truebody
    Hi there - BIG, single and 50+. I may as well go and play with the traffic or swim off the Perth coast and get eaten by a shark! Really the odds are stacked against me, which is one of the reasons that I am doing my research on the sleeve procedure. Don't get me wrong - I love my stomach, but as a friend pointed out - 80% hasn't been doing me much good and maybe should go.
    Would love to talk with other single sleevers from all over the world, but those close to home who have an understanding of the lack of decent single Aussie men (of any age) would allow us to swap horror stories and perhaps some tips on how to turn things around.
  2. EarthAngel71
    EarthAngel71
    well i dated on and off until I had the sleeve and it was interesting........but less than a month after being sleeved, I met the loveliest man and we've been together 6 months already, time flies! It was important to me to meet someone while big, and I did. He is gentle and kind and patient - when I told him about the surgery he did a lot of research because he "wanted to know what I would be facing throughout the journey". I can't say if it would have been different had I not been sleeved, I think the best thing I can say, was in me choosing to put me first, to take control, and to invest in myself, many other things shifted. I reached a point where I was not happy in my life and despite attempts, could not reign in the weight increases. I chose a motto of "be happy now" a year before deciding on the sleeve...........as it turned out, my decision for the surgery was made on a flip of a coin type situation while seeing a doctor for as yet unexplained but nasty hives....I had to get weighed and he suggested the sleeve - I was broken and said yes, got the referral, then did the research and the rest is unfolding.......
  3. ozzi69
    ozzi69
    Being an Aussie man myself, I can't tell horror stories regarding one.... but would just like to say that while maybe big, single and overt 50 is somewhat challenging at times - It's also important to remember that a). your health is just as important as a reason for the surgery, and b). not ALL men are shallow enough to ignore the inner beauty of others, so being big dosn't always mean lonely. In any case, take care and good luck with the surgery, It can be a real turning point in life.