Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Having a really difficult time getting in protein shakes

1. amykarryn
    amykarryn
    All of a sudden it seems like i can barely stomach/tolerate protein shakes of any kind. I don't know if it's because i've basically been on them since 12/23/2012...I was doing muscle milk light and bought some atkins advantage in strawberry and cafe caramel...i thought the thinner consistency might help...i spend most of the day nauseated...yesterday was the first day of the puree diet and i had half a serving of SF pudding and maybe 1/3 cup of pureed cream of mushroom soup. That seemed to go over ok. The pain is minimal and I can now sleep on my side. Staples are out, everything else seems to be good except the nausea and the hatred of shakes. Anyone sympathize? What have you been doing to get in the protein?
  2. grammyjudy
    grammyjudy
    My nutrition guide states to stay away from Atkins protein drinks if possible. Are you using Whey protein? I find that I tolerate that better. I use Isopure protein and blend it with ice cubes to make slushies. I just ordered Isopures non-flavored protein powder and I plan to sprinkle it in with my soups, cream of wheat, etc to help get extra protein and reduce the reliance on protein drinks. I'm feel your pain. It's hard.
  3. Nanoosa
    Nanoosa
    I hate the protein shakes. They are just horrible. I too definitely prefer isopure to the shakes. Also yesterday I tried an unjury vanilla shake with skim milk and half a banana and it was good.
  4. Abs7vc
    Abs7vc
    The isopure is kinda like Gatorade they have many flavors try that
  5. nursebetty75
    nursebetty75
    I'm the same! Did well with shakes then suddenly can't stand them! Revolting!!! I heard/read about isopure and went & bought some at vitamin shoppee. It's Gatorade like, 100% pure whey 40gm protein, grape punch & apple. Unsure If there are other flaves BUT I can tolerate it! They come in cases of 12 bottles for about 50$. I plan to divide one throughout the day and try to get 20gm protein from Greek yogurts for now. Good luck!
  6. DragonsLoard
    I guess I've been lucky so far. I can drink 2 or 3 Premier Protein 11 oz ready to drink shakes a day. I have only tried the vanilla but today I picked up the Chocolate. I'll try one later today. According to myfittnesspal I am getting around 70 grams of protein between the shakes and greek yogurt.
  7. Hlydly
    Hlydly
    I am allergic to whey protein so I do a soy protein powder. I have not been to tolerate anything but thin liquids so far so I mix it with crystal lite and ice using a hand blender. The orange flavor. Thankfully I can get three of these in a day. Hang in there!
  8. lolivi
    lolivi
    I'm not a fan of protein drinks either but the Unjury chocolate is ok
  9. Scubagecko
    Scubagecko
    you could switch to protein bars and some soy milk instead? just a thought.
  10. MellieD
    MellieD
    Hi all! I don't care much for the protein shakes either. Be careful of soy... It has negstive effects on the thyroid.
    Soy & Thyroid Disease | LIVESTRONG.COM
  11. SinWin
    SinWin
    Hi everyone. I was sleeved on the 15th. It was a difficult surgery. Doctor found cirrhosis in my liver (I don't drink). The surgery took almost 5 hours so needless to say I'm still sore. Started protein shakes yesterday. Forget it. They make me heave. I looked for weeks for one I liked, to no avail. My husband brought me EAS soy protein powder in chocolate flavor and it was really good, unfortunately it has 20 grams of carbs per serving along with its 20 grams of protein and that doesn't count the skim milk I mix it in. I have no idea what I'm going to survive on for the next 2 weeks. Isopure was tolerable if I dilute it and add some crystal light. I may have to do that. The good news is I have absolutely no feeling of hunger
  12. leesha8896
    leesha8896
    I know they dont have the highest protein, but I have some of the Visalus shake mix from a previous diet so have been mixing it in on my protein diet. Its a cream flavor, and when I want variety I just add some crystal light powder to it to add fruit punch or other flavor to it. I mix it with ice and its a lot better. Close my eyes and I can almost picture ice cream . I ordered mine from Amazon, and it was cheaper than getting it from a local distributor. Just a suggestion. And yes I tried an Atkins shake too and had that same OMG nausea took an hour and a half to getit down.
  13. Naes
    Naes
    I can't stand the protein shakes- they make me heave! I'm struggling to get enough protein throughout the day & am feeling really hungry. I bought a food processor today & am planning on making lots of chicken soup & smoothies. Hopefully things will improve because I am obsessed with food I can't eat!!!
  14. sonyasq22
    sonyasq22
    I was sleeved on the 8th and I hate these shakes. I really have not gotten my protein in. I spoke with my nurse and she told me not to worry about the protein and focuse on getting my liquids which has consisted of sugar free kool aid and I have added the Unjury Strawberry Sorbet protein powder which contains 21g of protein per scoop. I go back to the dr on the 28th and i will be advanced to soft foods at this time and I cant wait. This liquid diet really sucks and I have never been a shake person and I am definitely not one now. Good luck to you.