Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

This has been way easier than I expected!

1. Hlydly
    Hlydly
    I was sleeved on 1/8 and have been doing really well! My worst pain was yesterday - day 3 - but was definitely tolerable. Walking really helps with the pain... my nurse told me to get up and move at least every 2 hours and I have been doing that. I had a hysterectomy last year and it was much worse than this. I am unable to drink whey protein so I am mixing my soy protein powder with water and crystal lite and it is actually very yummy. Popsicles are my favorite thing right now but if I finish a whole one, I feel very full. Still having lots of gas and no bm yet.

Does all of this sound normal? I am hoping that I am not doing something wrong and that is why it has been so easy!
  2. XxdollxX
    XxdollxX
    I can't share any experience with you since I'm not sleeved yet, but you sound like your doing great. I hope it remains good for you!
  3. Texas Girl
    Texas Girl
    Yay! So glad to hear you're doing well! I haven't been sleeved yet either, but I have heard many stories like yours - I don't think you're doing anything wrong at all!
  4. Epiphany12th
    Epiphany12th
    I was sleeved on 1/8 also and have not had any problems. Minimal pain in one area. Burping and some gas but no BM yet.

Placed on a full liquid diet, I was told to only drink 4-5 oz an hour. I measure out 60 oz of fluid for the day with at least 72 g of protein. I add New Whey (42g protein) to Powerzero (43 oz fluid). I drink a Premier shake from Cosco (30 g protein) if I plan on the rest of my intake to be low protein for the day. Mostly I plan on using the New Whey as my main fluid and protein source.
  5. Hlydly
    Hlydly
    Thanks for the feedback! Epiphany: I am so excited to find someone who had their surgery on the same date as mine! I would love to stay in touch. Did you gain weight while at the hospital? I gained 9 pounds! I was really glad that my nurse had warned me about that - she said its from all of the iv fluids. Today I weighed the same amount I did the morning of the surgery, so I feel like I am about to move into the weight loss zone!
  6. Epiphany12th
    Epiphany12th
    I sent you a friend request hlydly. I don't think that I gained weight. I went out today for 3 hours shopping with friends. I felt ok. I am trying to get more movement in to try to simulate a BM, no luck yet.
  7. teanut
    teanut
    Woo another 1/8. I actually feel great. I want to tell my doc to move me on to oatmeal! Lol. Good luck with recovery! Walking has helped me. I get up and down with very little "tugging" in the tummy area.
  8. ChrissyD
    ChrissyD
    im glad you said about gaining in Hospital that will be good to know on Jan 24th when I have mine done!
  9. Abs7vc
    Abs7vc
    I also had my surgery on 1/8 im still sore omg lol i wish you the best of luck im a little tired of broths right now haha
  10. MellieD
    MellieD
    That's awsome..glad to hear how well things are going for you.. I already have my freezer stocked with popsicles.. waiting for me after surgery 1/21. Hope I do as well as you! Take care and best wishes.
  11. canuckpaisa
    canuckpaisa
    Great progress. I was sleeved 1/16 and am up like 8 lbs in hospital