Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Im New

1. Rachel Idol
    Rachel Idol
    Im so glad I found this sight!

Hi Everyone My name is Rachel I am a USAF Wife of 6years to my Amazing husband Brian. I have been over weight since I was 22 I struggled while I was young as well.
    Name: Rachel
    Military spouse of Active Air Force currently stationed at Keesler AFB
    Surgery 1/24/2013 at Keesler Air Force Base, MS
    Pre-weight: 280
    Goal: 170

I am haing the surgery because I have Degerative Disc Disease and have had 2 major back surgereys 2009 & 2011 and was warned if I don't get the weight off I am looking at a 3rd. I also have MVP with Regurge and Obstructive Sleep Apnea I wear a C-Pap for it. So I am hoping loosing the weight will make me better!
  2. Texas Girl
    Texas Girl
    Welcome!! This site is amazing! I was glad to find it too and I'm glad you found it as well.
  3. only me
    only me
    Hi Rachel welcome. I am having my surgery this wednesday. I also suffer with fibromyalgia and have degenerative disc. Im hoping that losing the weight will also aid in reducing the stress and pain associated with this. Best of luck on your journey
  4. teanut
    teanut
    Welcome!
  5. JUDITH
    JUDITH
    HI AND welcome!!! I'm being sleeved this Thursday. No one understands you and your questions,fears etc like the people on this site!! They have got me through a month of doubts..anxiety and lots of questions. I also have sleep apnea and I'm in the dating world. NOT TO ATTRACTIVE!!! GlAD YOU ARE ABOARD!! JUDITH
  6. traceylwest
    traceylwest
    Welcome aboard, This is such a great site.
  7. bezzin56
    bezzin56
    Hi Rachal, I am also getting my sleeve on the 24th, can't wait. Excited, worried, scared all at the same time but looking forward to it. I also have a cpap and am told I probably won't need it after I loose some weight. Good Luck! Keep in touch!
  8. ChrissyD
    ChrissyD
    We have the same Surgery Date!!! My starting WT was 284 and I am now 274 my goal I think is 150 lb but we will see I have a size in mind more then a WT I think a size 8 would look healthly on my. but I have been fat my whole life so will see what God has in Store for me. I cant wait to see how we do. Have you started your pre opt diet? I am on week 2 of 2 shakes and 1 meal and not as bad as I thought it would be. But this weekend was Hard!!
  9. MellieD
    MellieD
    Good luck with your surgery!
  10. Rachel Idol
    Rachel Idol
    Hey.. Yeah I'm on the diet I start week 2 today. The weekend was the hardest because i am not at work so I have nothing to keep me busy. I am now at 156 and as the days get closer the more nervous I get. I can't wait to take this journey but I'm afraid as well.