Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello

1. kajames
    kajames
    I just found this group, am new to this forum. I had my consult with Dr. Kim yesterday and have my sleep test tonight, psych test next Friday, cardiac test and meeting with the nutritionist on 2/14. I like Dr. Kim, just wish I had remembered my list of questions with me to go over with him. The office is very nice in Colleyville and the staff are very friendly. What are your experiences with Dr. Kim, surgery, post op, staff etc...?
  2. azoreangal
    azoreangal
    I have used Dr Kim twice. I first had the Lap-band in 2008. It only worked a little bit and then I finally gave up. That was at a time where they didn't really know that the lap-band doesn't really work well. So last month I had Dr. Kim remove my band and got a gastric sleeve. So far I like it much better. I have been with Dr. Kim since when he had a much smaller practice. Being in the medical field I know that you can't be too careful when looking for a surgeon and/or Doctor in general. I know that Dr. Kim is a very talented and very caring about each patient he does surgery on. He is very careful to attend to each patients issues individually. That being said his practice has grown tremendously so he has a lot of people helping him so that he can address the important surgery end of it more effectively. If I didn't believe in him I would not have gone back for my second surgery. There are plenty of Bariatric Doctors that I could have picked from. I also spoke to someone who used to work with him in surgery and he had very high praise for Dr. Kim's work. The staff has been really good to me. I call when I have a question and they are very prompt with the response. I have had 2 issues there that I was not happy with in the 4 years that I have been with them. I did get them resolved and it did not deter me from having surgery with them again. They usually run on time and don't rush me when I am there. I think you have made a wise choice to go with Dr. Kim. I am also on Obesityhelp.com. I like it better because it is more established. If you would like to contact me directly or by phone let me know and I will send a private message with my phone number. Do you live in the area? I am in Grapevine. I also go to the Colleyville office. Good luck and I am here if you have any more questions.