Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Severe back pain out of nowhere?

1. jmax08
    jmax08
    Hello December Family,
    This is actually my first time to post in our group discussions (though, I do often read everyone's lol). Question....has anyone else had like severe back pain since the surgery? I am 2 weeks and 3 days out and I randomly just got some serious back pains on both sides of my middle to lower back. It felt kind of like I was being stabbed! It hurt so bad that I started crying from the pain...then 15 minutes later it was completely GONE! Which is great but also really scared me because I don't know where it came from and I have never in my life felt that kind of pain in the area of my body! Has anyone else experienced that?! I mean, it may have nothing to do with the actual surgery but I just thought I would ask y'all before I checked into other reasons for the pain.

Thanks for reading! I hope to get to know y'all better as we continue this journey together!
  2. mydecision
    mydecision
    It's gas pain like you have never had take gas x and get on a heating pad.
  3. ~Fawn
    ~Fawn
    I would call your doc...could be a kidney thing. Better safe then soory! Good luc!
  4. Elbie
    Elbie
    I am with Fawn. Call the doc. I think you are too far out for gas pain and the location does seem to be in the same area as kidney pain would be (although I am not qualified to assess that). Or it could be something like a muscle spasm. But I think that since you had unexplained pain that was severe enough to make you cry, a call to the doc is warranted. Good luck and feel better!
  5. BethJane
    BethJane
    Sounds like you are describing kidney infection or passing a kidney stone or something like that....see a doctor asap, because if it is kidney, you're in for more, if not more severe, pain, and probably a trip to the emergency room as it does hurt that bad. Good Luck to you, and please post for us what you find out.
  6. Jari Jo Cleary
    Jari Jo Cleary
    I get this too and I do feel it is excess air in the stomach. I use the heating pad and it is very helpful. I usually get it after drinking or eating.