Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pureed Food

1. PConneen
    PConneen
    I just had my op 2 weeks ago and started on pureed food this week. I'm wondering if baby food is a good idea to eat. I want something with a lot of protein, but the jars that I've seen only have about 2g to 3g. Is there a baby food that anyone would suggest, and what should I put it with - mash potatoes/vegetables.

Also, I tried tuna tonight, but it didn't stay down. Any suggestions on high protein meats that will be easy to keep down?

One last thing, is there an unflavored protein powder that you would suggest to use?
    Thanks!
    Patty
  2. barbthegroom
    barbthegroom
    Hi Patty
    Know what you mean seems tricky to get enough protein. I am 4 weeks post op and am still struggling. My dietian said a pint of milk a day plus add equivalent amount of powdered milk to the milk. That will give you 40 grams of protein. Try puree tuna and mash together.

I have been trying to find an unflavoured protein powder without any luck, only seems to be available in states.

Barbara
  3. Viv42
    Viv42
    Barbara I've been looking for unflavoured protein powder in the uk, I have found one on eBay and one on amazon. They seem pretty compatible in relation to nutrients/carbs etc just search 'unflavoured protein'. The whey protein seems best one to go for. I'm going to order both and see which is better, I'm still waiting for my date (hopefully end December) and am trying to prepare for post op particularly want something I can use in soup.