Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

food and recipes :)

1. mobbsygirl
    mobbsygirl
    Hi guys I thought I would start a thread on what everyone is eating and recipe ideas. Most of the people on this site are from America and their food is a little different from ours. So I will start. (I'm at work atm so I don't remember the calories and protein values.)

Breakfast - 1/2 tin of baked beans or a scrambled egg.

Morning tea - Musashi protein shake made up with 125 mils of Aldi's skim milk. I have one and a half scoops of mushashi in it and it is about 29 grams of protein I add 2 ice cubes cos I hate warm milk...

Lunch - Usually tandoori chicken in a can from aldi's. 125 calories and 14.9 grams of protein. (I have a can with me!!) Some days I have crustless quiche.

Afternoon tea - Don't always have something but if I do its a stick of cheese. You can get these from aldi also. 5 grams of protein.
  2. mobbsygirl
    mobbsygirl
    Dinner - I seem to eat what ever I like these days. Steak and veg. chicken thigh. Mince in a sauce with veg. I have cooked stews in the slow cooker, these went down really well about a week or more ago. Now I can eat even the toughest bit of steak with no trouble.

In addition to this I have 2 nutrichews a day, a 600 mil bottle of water with orange benefibre, a plain 600 mils of water and about 3-4 small cups of coffee per day. ( I got the small coffee mug from Sam's the Warehouse for about 2 dollars - perfect size to drink before it goes cold!)

Would love to hear what everyone else has been doing for food!!

Cheers Mobbsy -xx-
  3. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Good idea Mobbs will write what I'm eating today when I decide lol
  4. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Breakfast
    1 weetbix 59 cal - 2g pro
    100ml Aldi's just organic soy milk (warm) 73 cal - 4g pro
    Scoop perfect protein 118 cal - 23g pro
    Stevia 3 cal
    300 Mls black tea - 2 cal
    25 Mls just organic soy milk 18 cal - 1g pro
    600mls water with orange benefibre

Lunch
    100 mls Woolworths fresh vegetable minestrone 52 cal - 1g pro
    300mls Black tea - 2 cal
    Stevia - 2 cal
    25 Mls just organic soy milk 18 cals - 1g pro

Dinner
    50g silken tofu 20 cals - 5g pro
    50g Heart Smart pork mince 59 cal - 10g pro
    1 Tblspn teriyaki 15 cals - 1g pro
    3 shitake mushrooms 20 cals - .8g pro
    25mls concentrated chicken stock 20 cals - 1g pro
    300mls black tea 2 cals
    25mls just organic soy milk 18 cals - 1g pro
    Stevia 2 cals
    600 Mls water

Snack
    200mls strawberry optifast 209 cals - 18g pro

Total calories 708
    Total protein 69.8g
  5. mobbsygirl
    mobbsygirl
    omg Lyn that is insane!! My tummy can't fit that in it - my stupid surgeon made mine 100 mils ggrrrrrr im so jealous!!!
  6. mobbsygirl
    mobbsygirl
    and whats stevia?
  7. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Lol it fits in mine haha but I wait n have the tea or liquids half hour to an hour later. i have to ask next week how much mine can hold n stevia is a natural artificial sweetener its at the supermarkets n pretty common I prefer it to the artificial ones like equal etc
  8. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    Hi Girls,
    I am sooooooo not eating anywhere near you guys. No wonder I am tired.
    Back at work this week and into long hours again!.

Breakfast
    One coffee Optifast with 2 tsp of plain Benefiber, ice and 180 mls water. Sometimes add one scoop of Unflavoured Whey 100% protein powder as extra protein.
    Lunch
    1 non flavoured low fat yoghurt, not keen on flavoured ones.
    Dinner
    1/2 cup Soup of some kind or 1/2 cup of casserole or spag bol mince
    Snack
    1 small non fat custard - that isnt every night.
    Plus about 1.5 - 2L water.
    Plus multivitamin etc

I havent been tallying anything up since back at work. But it is one month post op today and I think I am on a soft diet from today, so will have to check out the diet sheets given to me. But I just dont feel like much and I know I am not at all organised. So this weekend will have to get my butt into gear.

Lynette, love the tofu, pork etc yummo!
  9. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    Just went out and bought 5 pieces of salmon sashami, some more protein! I could live on Japanese forever!

Just realised might also be tired as may need some VitB12 and drink more water.
  10. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Lol geez I'm starting to feel like a piggy but when I'm eating it doesn't seem much though n yes Amanda I needed some flavour the soups were starting to bore me, I like the Danone greek yoghurts especially mango yum you don't seem to be eating enough or is it ur both eating enuf n I'm eating toooo much lol. I've been having a b12 tablet each day for about two months my gummy vitamins are almost gone been having double them cos they taste like lollies haha but got a good quality Multi from GNC. I'm so Gunna ask how big my sleeve is next week I know sharons Is 100ml do u know what urs is Amanda? oh n welcome home hope the few days in Bali rejuvenated you.
  11. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    How much protein r u girls averaging a day?
  12. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Lol been experimenting in the kitchen had 1/2 cup cottage cheese that I needed to use and a snack pack choc fat free pudding I added a bit of sweetener and a bit more cocoa and whizzed it up turned into choc mousse lol
  13. mobbsygirl
    mobbsygirl
    I have about 70 grams of protein per day, about 600 calories and 1.5 litres of fluid.
    todays menu
    breaky - small cup of coffee and a small tin of baked beans
    lunch - chili chicken in a can with lettuce tomato, cucumber, cheese and mayo.
    Dinner - satay chicken with peas and carrots.

Will have a protein shake for arvo tea and a water with benefibre in it....

I am a naughty girl, I have found mini ice cream cones at aldi - they are low in calories and sugar - i have one every second day about. soooo nice.
  14. mobbsygirl
    mobbsygirl
    Amanda we are all different and our surgeons and dieticians give us different guidelines - or you could be like me and never do as your'e told LOL. It's best to follow what you have been told to eat. I went back to work also on night shift, today is my second day off and I'm still exhausted!! When are u able to move onto pureed foods?
  15. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Breakfast
    1 Weetbix
    3/4 cup soy milk
    Scoop protein
    750mls water

Lunch
    Choc cheese mousse
    Scoop protein
    300mls tea with soy
    750ml water

Dinner
    300 ml Tea with soy
    Purée Asian pork mince and tofu

Snack
    Soft boiled egg mashed

Total Calories 621
    Protein 77g
    Fluid 2.1 litres
  16. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Lol don't worry Sharon I got frosty fruits and mini calyppo's in the freezer have one now and then lol saw them Lil cones today but the lil look a like magnums look better lol
  17. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Breakfast
    1 scrambled egg
    Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    300 ml tea with soy
    Scoop of protein

Lunch
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    Honey
    1/2 small banana
    Cinnamon
    300ml tea with soy

Dinner
    Zucchini ribbons stir fried
    Red salmon
    Sour cream
    Chives
    Parmesan cheese
    300 Mls tea with soy

Total Calories 773
    Protein 82g
    Fluids 2.1 litres
  18. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    Hi Girls

This is the third time I have tried to post on here. Since the boy has moved back home, I can never get to the computer at home and the iPad is never charged up by the husband. So I am at work and doing this in my lunch time.
    I am so in awe of both of you, you are both organised and so well balanced in your diets. And also interesting foods. I am so boring and not at all interested in food.
    But I do find sometimes I feel abit hungry at lunch time, so will need to bring something other than yoghurt. Just focusing on getting the protein in, with shakes, extra scoop of protein, ricotta cheese, poached chicken and soup.About 60 gms/day
    I am not sure how much my tummy will hold, I will ask when I have my next appointment on the 18 September.But probably the same as you guys.
    Sharon, what do you do that involves shift work? How do you find that with organising meals.
    Keep up the good work!
  19. mobbsygirl
    mobbsygirl
    I work for the Department of Juvenile Justice in a detention centre as a youth officer. They feed us there however I take a can of chicken, some pistachios or cheese and a bottle of water. Depending on what's on the menu I will either eat their food or my own. The other night the chef made apple crumble cheesecake for dessert the naughty man so I was compelled to have a small piece!! I'm naughty though Amanda and haven't followed the surgeons directions, I should still be on soft foods but I am sick of being restricted so much. I introduced other stuff slowly myself and there has been no complaints from my tummy or my taste buds ha ha. You could take a cheese stick to have at work, they have 5 grams of protein and are a satisfying snack I found when I was at your stage. Chews up easily.
  20. mobbsygirl
    mobbsygirl
    Oh and todays menu:
    Breaky - small cup of coffee, egg on toast. (only ate about 1/4 of the toast).

Lunch - Mini quiche, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, cheese and mayo.

arvo tea - small amount of pistachios.

Dinner - lamb cutlet, carrots, cauliflower and peas.

Supper - protein shake.

And of course the usual water with benefibre and my vitamins....
  21. sydneygirl
    sydneygirl
    this is a snackie to take to work or have in the frezzer

Protein Pikelets

Nature's Way - Instant Natural Protein Powder, 100 g
    Eggs - Whole, raw, 2 medium
    Coles - Skim Milk 99% Fat Free, 125mls
    Generic - Wholemeal Plain Flour, 1/2 Cup Uncooked
    Perfect Italiano - Extra Light Ricotta Cheese, 125 g
    Coles - Skim Milk 99% Fat Free, 250 ml
    Generic - Wholemeal Self rasing flour, 1/2 Cup Uncooked

Total: 20 serves cals carb fat protine
    Per Serving: 112 11 2 14

Using a medium-size mixing bowl lightly beat two eggs. Add creamed cottage/ricotta cheese and stir mixture until creamy and smooth. Add flour, - mix in well. Add soy protein powder plus milk or water and blend mixture.
    Pre-heat non-stick frying pan on medium-high or as for traditional pancakes then spray lightly with canola oil. Place ½ of the mixture on the frying pan and gently spread out to cover pan evenly. Turn when ready as for traditional pancakes
  22. sydneygirl
    sydneygirl
    also anyone else on my fitness pal? my name is ruby_emrad if you want to add me
  23. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Pikelets sound good will try them out one weekend

Breakfast
    300 ml tea w/- soy
    3/4 cup fruit salad

Lunch
    Boiled egg
    1/4 cup grated carrot
    1/4 cup shredded lettuce
    2 cherry tomatoes
    No fat dressing

Dinner
    Grilled perch
    1/2 cup stir fry zucchini

Snacks
    Danone activia strawberry yoghurt w/- added protein
    Peppermint surprise mini protein bar

553 calories
    71g protein
    1.5 ltr water
  24. mobbsygirl
    mobbsygirl
    That's awesome Lyn - looks like you are eating whatever too now! Had any issues with any of the food? Ive had none except really early on with scrambled eggs.

Breaky - quiche ad coffee

Lunch - chicken stew with carrots peas onion and mushrooms

Dinner - lamb cutlet with carrots peas and cauliflower

1 protein shake

2 more small coffees

1.2 litres of water
  25. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Hey Mobbs only bit uncomfortable with fruit I've had scrambled and boiled eggs no issue there, only have had mince, chook or fish will try steak in another week or two....I should still be on purée but nut said I can move on to soft
  26. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Breakfast
    300ml tea w/- soy & stevia
    1 weetbix
    stevia
    100mls soy

Lunch
    musashi strawberry protein drink

Dinner
    1/2 cup fish curry

Snacks
    1 cheese stringer
    Danone strawberry Greek yoghurt

calories 753
    protein 81 g
    1.5 ltrs water
  27. donnagirl
    donnagirl
    Lol geez I have no idea what I ate and how many calories im having or how much protein im having lmfao!!! I know im getting 60+ grams of protein and my multivites and about 750mls of water. I feel good and Im losing weight so I suppose im doing something right hehehe.
    Ok then I will try hard to remember todays menu.
    Breakfast: Protein shake,
    1 1/2 scoops of unflavoured WPI powder with 200mls of shape milk and 4 teaspoons of malt=30gms protein

Snack: piece of cheese= 5gms protein

Lunch: Steamed fish with garlic and parsley sauce= 11gms protein

Dinner: 3 tiny Vol Au Vents chicken and sweet corn= 3.6gms protein

Snack: 3 cheds cheese crackers= 4.8 gms protein

Supper: Protein shake=30gms protein

84.4 gms protein.

Well there ya go I am making my daily quota for protein lol not sure about calories though hehe
  28. mobbsygirl
    mobbsygirl
    Well done Donna, looks like you are doing well. Ive had an eating day today woohoo!! (shouldnt be so happy about it but ah well)

Breakfast - baked beans and cheese 8 protein

Lunch - EVERYTHING!! I had chinese, bit of this and a bit of that. Lots of meat not sure how much protein and dont wanna know calories ha ha

Dinner - mince carrots mushrooms and peas.

Snacks - freddo frog - pistachios and a shake.

Such a BAD girl and I love it!!!

Vitamins - 600 mils of water - 3 coffees, 300 mils total - 400 mils of sunkist sugar free - 125 mils protein shake.
  29. mobbsygirl
    mobbsygirl
    Opps i also had 2 biscuits....Glad I am writing this down, what a terrible day I had. Tomorrow I will behave myself - *smacks self in the head*.
  30. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    You gong girls seem to be able to eat everything any issues with the biscuits? And Mobbs I doubt that you would of had too many calories the only two things wud be good old freddo and maybe the biccies but still their not Gunna add that much difference so ur not being bad after all. Think about it a Iil freddo compared to 1/2-1 block of choc is a massive difference.

Breakfast
    1 weetbix
    Scoop of perfect protein
    100mls organic lite soy
    1tspn stevia
    300 Mls tea w/- soy

Lunch
    120 mls Lamb and barley soup
    600 mls water

Dinner
    1/2 cup Fish curry
    600mls water

Snack
    300 Mls tea w/- soy
    1 x Danone Greek mango yoghurt
    1 cheese stringer

Calories 725
    Protein 65
    Fluids 1.8 litres
  31. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    Hi girls
    I am having trouble staying logged on to this site it keeps throwing me out.
    My diet is shocking, as far as not eating a lot still on a lot of fluids and soft diet.
    Basically a shake in the morning at work. Then a yoghurt. Then maybe a skim cappuccino. Then a small tin of 4 bean mix by Edgell.
    Then for dinner, sometimes just a yoghurt or another shake. I am not big on dinner, never have been.
    But, just went out tonight with the girls from work and ordered a smoked salmon entree for my dinner. Everyone else had entree, main and some even had desert and coffee. I had no grog, just water and could only eat half of the salmon.
    I am having trouble trying to eat meat or tinned tuna, I just can't get it to go down. I feel like I am going to throw up and actually start to gag and have like a slimy throw up. Yuk!!!
  32. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Oh crap that doesn't sound good maybe you need to talk to your surgeon Amanda. Are you mixing the meat or tuna with mayo or a sauce? What about other soft foods any issues with them? I know I'm a couple weeks behind you but I'm starting to be able to eat the majority of food that I try. I would get through the soft stage n if ur still having issues then give him a call or have a chat next appointment.
  33. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Breakfast
    300 ml tea w/- soy & stevia
    1 x peppermint high protein mini bar

Lunch
    1 cheese stringer
    1 boiled egg
    1/2 cup grated carrot
    1/4 cup shredded lettuce
    2 cherry tomatoes
    20 Mls fat free balsamic dressing
    750 ml sports water

Dinner
    1 cheese stringer
    100 Mls 97% fat free lamb & barley soup
    750mls sport water

Snacks
    1 boiled egg
    Danone mango Greek yoghurt
    1 x scoop unjury medical protein
    300 ml tea w/- soy

Calories 800
    Protein 67g
    2.1 lts water
  34. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    Yes, I have tried mixing my meats - like, chicken, veal, tuna with a gravy/sauce and it is a little better, however still uncomfortable.
    But, I am getting in the vegetables! YAY!
    Today I had;
    Half a piece toast
    Scrambled eggs that lasted through from breakfast to after lunch.
    Skim cappuccino
    Coffee shake with extra scoop unflavoured protein powder
    1 cup pumpkin soup
    Danone strawberry yoghurt.
    2 pieces of cadburys chocolate
    Not enough water today"........

I will have to start to count the calories and protein! I am pretty slack. Honestly by the time I get home from work and care for the husband and do whatever else, I am to tired. That is another thing not getting any exercise. Oh, except on a weekend.
    Anyway, next Tuesday have a scheduled follow up appointment with the Dr and dietician, so will let them know. But I have read on here about others who are having trouble eating more solid food and some are a year out being Sleeved!
    Keep up the good work girls!
  35. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Hi Amanda your probably right n that u fall into that category that struggle with solids but do discuss it with ur team and see what they say. I haven't tried toast yet kinda not missing bread so I want to keep it that way. I have had scrambled egg actually two lol with a couple tablespoons of cottage cheese cooked in with them yum your diet still sounds pretty much fluid hope that changes for you and I haven't been exercising either maybe in the school holidays. Water is a struggle for me too I'm always trying something new to get it down, this week it's the Aldi's mizone flavoured sports water it's 750 Mls so I try n drink two plus a couple of mugs of tea. I use one of the weight loss apps to count calories n protein way lot easier. I hope ur hubby is ok it's such a terrible strain on you it's no wonder with work and a sick husband that u struggle. Neways take care hopefully it will all work out.
  36. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Breakfast
    1 weetbix
    100 ml organic soy
    Scoop perfect protein
    Stevia
    300 ml tea w/- soy

Lunch
    1/2 cup garden salad
    10 ml fat free dressing
    3oz chicken kebab meat

Dinner
    2 tblspns cottage cheese
    2 scrambled eggs w/- 2 tblspns skim milk

Snack
    25g old gold chocolate

Calories 775
    Protein 73g
    Water 1.8 ltr
  37. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    I think what I will have to do this weekend as I will have some time - make up some Bolognese Ragu, the boys can have it with pasta, but I will put some in containers and freeze, so I can easily pull out something and microwave for dinner.
    Today I have fallen into the easy trap of picking up some toast and a skim cappucino from the coffee shop downstairs. Ate half the toast over 3 hrs and sipped the coffee, but not alot of protein. The toast is soft and easy to eat, I didnt have any yoghurt at work! I suppose I could have bought some!
    Anyway, cant stand all this focus on food. I am hopeless when at work, GOD, 3 days a week would be bliss!
    I was reading this article in the newspaper and it was saying too much protein isnt good for us. But for us, our main focus is protein first, then veges and low carbs. I think it is a healtly option.
    Tonight we are going Japanese with friends, that is easy and my favourite.
    Have a great weekend!
  38. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Saturday

Today was a naughty but enjoyable day

Breakfast
    3oz BBQ chicken kebab
    3 tspns soft serve icecream

Lunch
    1 mini pork and shrimp dumpling
    1/2 scoop salted caramel gelato

Dinner
    2 3 oz BBQ chicken stick
    1/2 cup BBQ veggies

Snack
    3 adriano zumbo's macaron
  39. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Sunday
    Breakfast
    1 peppermint mini protein bar

Lunch*
    2 rye cruskits
    6 slices tomato
    2 tblspns cottage cheese
    50g smoked salmon

Dinner
    2 marinated tuna kebabs
    1/2 BBQ vegetables

Snack
    750 ml mizone raspberry water
    300 ml tea with skim milk

Water 1.6 ltr
    Calories 765
    Protein 80g
  40. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Breakfast
    Scoop perfect protein
    100mls skim milk
    Stevia
    1 weetbix
    300 ml tea with 60 ml skim milk

Lunch
    2 rye cruskits
    50g hot smoked salmon
    1 small tomato
    50g cottage cheese
    1/4 cup four bean salad

Dinner
    50g grilled tuna steak
    1/2 cup BBQ vegetables
    2 pieces fried bean curd

300 ml tea w/- 60 ml skim milk

800 calories
    87g protein
    1.2 ltr water
    2 x 20 min walk
  41. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Breakfast
    Uncle Toby's porridge w/- honey
    Scoop of unjury medical protein
    1/4 cup skim milk

Lunch
    50g hot smoked chilli salmon
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
    I small tomato sliced
    I rye cruskits

Dinner
    100g chicken breast
    1/2 cup potato, sweet potato and pumpkin mash
    1 tblspn peas
    1/4 cup chicken gravy

Snack
    1 activia low fat strawberry yoghurt
    Scoop unjury medical protein
    1/2 cup fruit salad
  42. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Breakfast
    Uncle Toby's porridge w/- honey
    Scoop of unjury medical protein
    1/4 cup skim milk

Lunch
    50g hot smoked chilli salmon
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
    I small tomato sliced
    I rye cruskits

Dinner
    100g chicken breast
    1/2 cup potato, sweet potato and pumpkin mash
    1 tblspn peas
    1/4 cup chicken gravy

Snack
    1 activia low fat strawberry yoghurt
    1/2 cup fruit salad
  43. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Breakfast

1 tropical no fat forme yoghurt
    27g protein

Lunch

95g Sirena tuna in oil drained
    1/2 cup Aldi's lw fat cottage cheese
    30g protein

Dinner

125g smoked chicken breast
    1/2 cup pumpkin, sweet potato & potato mash
    Bravos instant chicken gravy
    30g protein

Calories 666
    Protein 87g
  44. Lynette Gee
    Lynette Gee
    Breakfast

1 tropical no fat forme yoghurt
    27g protein

Lunch

95g Sirena tuna in oil drained
    1/2 cup Aldi's lw fat cottage cheese
    30g protein

Dinner

125g smoked chicken breast
    1/2 cup pumpkin, sweet potato & potato mash
    Bravos instant chicken gravy
    30g protein

Calories 666
    Protein 87g
  45. tyler
    tyler
    Hi everyone what are you all eating now, its been awhile since you have posted.

I am still struggling with food a typical day is
    Breaky
    poached egg with cruskit and a cup of tea or 1 up and go
    lunch
    2 cruskits with ricotta cheese low fat
    dinner
    sweet corn chicken soup or cruskits with vegemite or small slice of quiche
    snacks
    mango

Still struggling with meats usually will bring them up again due to pain
  46. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    Hi Tyler
    I haven't been on here for awhile. My diet isn't great, as not really eating a lot.
    Breakfast is a Coffee Optifast shake with ice/ water and some Benefiber
    Small Skim Milk Cappucino mid morning.
    Lunch- small yoghurt, either plain or Flavoured and either half a banana or an apple or half a mango. Sometimes I have about a half or third of a wrap( chicken/salad)
    Dinner- whatever we are having but about a cup. Omelettes, BBQ, salads. Occasionally I have had a scoop of ice cream, small tub of custard. We usually go either to Italian or Japanese when going out, so have what I feel like, but can only manage tiny amounts. Usually I have seafood either raw or cooked.
    I take a multivitamin daily.
    If I eat too quick I feel like I want to throw up or just horribly uncomfortable and try burping lots.
    I just don't feel like eating that much and sometimes have to force myself or remind myself to eat. But try and get in as much protein as possible.
    Good luck!
  47. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    Oh forgot to mention, can't seem to tolerate red meat much!