Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Dr. Garcia on 11/30 - anyone else around then?

1. bergamini
    bergamini
    I'm having my sleeve with Dr. Garcia on 11/30. Anyone else around then? I picked Dr. Garcia because for $200 more than the other TJ doctors, I got a real hospital (MI Doctor) and the fabulous Marriott for 1 night before and 2 nights after. That just feels so safe and wonderful to me.
  2. flowergirl
    flowergirl
    Good luck with your surgery. I am a year out and have lost about 97 lbs. You should be very happy with Dr. Garcia and his staff. They take good care of you and are very helpful. I stayed at a different hotel but I am sure whatever hotel the Dr. picks will be a good one. Take care and let us know how it goes. Lisa
  3. Britt_Bearpaw
    Britt_Bearpaw
    I am 9 months out and am doing awesome. I have lost 150 pounds so far. Dr. Garcia & his team are so kind, attentive, and skilled. I always felt well cared for and safe. Good luck on your journey!
  4. jdurant
    jdurant
    Hi,

Myself, my boyfriend and his Mom are all having surgery on 11/29 with Dr. Garcia. We are also staying at the Marriot and we cant wait to get going. Have you started your pre surgery diet yet?
  5. Kim247
    Kim247
    Good luck to you November sleevers. Dr. Garcia and staff are fantastic! I'm 7 weeks out and down 40 lbs.
  6. johnmisty
    johnmisty
    Having mine done 12/7 super excited !!
  7. bergamini
    bergamini
    Jdurant, my instructions said start the pre-op 7-14 days before. I decided to do the Atkins Induction phase 16 days out to break me of carbs and then, at 7 days, switch to the stricter pre-op diet. The first two days of no carbs was rough -- headaches, ears ringing, etc., but now I woke up this morning invigorated. I may start the shakes earlier if I feel this well. I look forward to seeing you there. I am tentatively only staying 1 night at the Marriott but if I'm not quite there yet, I will take the 2nd (included) night. I work remotely as a software developer and am hoping I can do some work from bed.
  8. bergamini
    bergamini
    Did you all go through Alma? She's been very good to me. My flight in arrives at 9:58 PM -- well after their requested arrival by 7:00 PM -- and I was willing to take the San Diego city bus to the trolley to the border, then take one of the yellow cabs (they say it's safe and heavily regulated) to the Marriott. Alma would have nothing to do with that and said no worries, we will transport you when you get in. If I didn't take that flight, I was going to not only have to take another day of vacation, but I would be paying about $300 more.

I will add that I had originally chosen another surgeon, one who is well respected and has many positive reviews, but I re-thought my decision and felt the facilities provided by Dr. Garcia were nicer and the reviews even better. I am quite sure that my prior doc would have been just fine, but the Garcia patients are so effusive and the facilities much nicer than a strip mall surgical center, that it made so much sense to me. I did lose a $600 deposit and I don't regret it for a minute.
  9. gabrielle48
    gabrielle48
    Dr. Garcia staff and hotel staff are wonderful! They treat you well and i promise you will not be disappointed. I was sleeved on 11/12/12 and i would recommend it to anyone!!