Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How are you doing post-op?

1. Flowering Venus
    Flowering Venus
    Wanted to check in. Any tips for those waiting to be sleeved?
  2. karebear
    karebear
    HAVE your shakes home and ready, ck. broth ready and you will MISSS chewing food, so dont get discourged it wont be long before you can have cottage cheese
  3. mobbsygirl
    mobbsygirl
    LOL @ cottage cheese!!! I don't like it ha ha.
  4. selva11
    selva11
    hi, I was just sleeved this past Monday (5 days ago)
    I would say: prepare for the mind games! they are tough!
  5. Msvibe33
    Msvibe33
    Hello everyone! I thought I would stop by and say hi. I am 3 mos post op and as of yesterday I am down 50 pounds. Life is good but my emotions and anxiety level has been kinda crazy. Anyone else going through this?
  6. SECRETSLEEVE
    SECRETSLEEVE
    i'm 16 days post op and down 20 pounds
  7. Kelbel123
    Kelbel123
    I feel like I'm the only one who's sick after surgery, and I'm probably not I just want this to be over. The doc gave me meds for spasms because I was dry heaving TMI. I just feel really bad. Did anyone have this same trouble?
  8. mlp7577
    mlp7577
    I am 8 days out and just can barely eat anything because I just feel full. I have been very emotional too, more than usual, LOL. Only got sick once with the dry heaves at the hospital, after surgery. I hope it gets better soon for you kelbel123
  9. mladams43
    mladams43
    As for tips waiting to be sleeved, STICK TO YOUR PRE-OP DIET! My surgeon said it helped me a lot to have my intestines clear.

As for the anxiety Msvibe33, I suffer from panic attacks so I understand how "nerve racked" you must feel. Please believe me when I tell you, despite the nervousness and anxiety, this surgery is the most amazing, life changing, healthy thing you can do for yourself if you are obese like I was (I hit AT LEAST 360 lbs...there comes a point when you stop weighing lol). It isn't easy until you are 2 weeks or so post-op, but if you can survive the pre-op diet you will probably be at your goal weight a lot sooner than you think.

Kelbel123, I wasn't necessarily sick right after my surgery, but I did notice there were things I couldn't eat at first. For example, I still, to this day, get sick if I eat mayonnaise. I just recently was able to eat pickles, sandwiches (the bread was too heavy I think), drink milk or eat anything (except cheese) that was dairy. Everyone has different experiences, and I would encourage you to keep the faith and slowly but surely move on to bigger and better foods. Before you know it, you will be able to eat anything you WANT to

mlp7577 - You will feel full, that's the great thing about the procedure! You never need to over-eat or eat because you are bored again!!! But I also know how this surgery takes a lot out of us emotionally. Try to sit quietly every day, and remind yourself that you are getting healthy. What you did is a great thing, and whereas it won't be easy at first it is so totally worth it. It helps me when I take time to breathe deeply and say to myself "today is another day of your amazing healthy life" and then reflect on all the things I will get to enjoy now that I am getting healthy. Motivations, I know, are different for everyone. For me, it is the promise I will be healthy enough to have children one day and until then play and keep up with my niece and nephews. I hope you can find your true drive in this, the very thing you want most. And if you need help, someone to talk to, or just reassurance that it IS worth it and will be OK, I am here for you!

Best wishes!
  10. mladams43
    mladams43
    As for tips waiting to be sleeved, STICK TO YOUR PRE-OP DIET! My surgeon said it helped me a lot to have my intestines clear.

As for the anxiety Msvibe33, I suffer from panic attacks so I understand how "nerve racked" you must feel. Please believe me when I tell you, despite the nervousness and anxiety, this surgery is the most amazing, life changing, healthy thing you can do for yourself if you are obese like I was (I hit AT LEAST 360 lbs...there comes a point when you stop weighing lol). It isn't easy until you are 2 weeks or so post-op, but if you can survive the pre-op diet you will probably be at your goal weight a lot sooner than you think.

Kelbel123, I wasn't necessarily sick right after my surgery, but I did notice there were things I couldn't eat at first. For example, I still, to this day, get sick if I eat mayonnaise. I just recently was able to eat pickles, sandwiches (the bread was too heavy I think), drink milk or eat anything (except cheese) that was dairy. Everyone has different experiences, and I would encourage you to keep the faith and slowly but surely move on to bigger and better foods. Before you know it, you will be able to eat anything you WANT to

mlp7577 - You will feel full, that's the great thing about the procedure! You never need to over-eat or eat because you are bored again!!! But I also know how this surgery takes a lot out of us emotionally. Try to sit quietly every day, and remind yourself that you are getting healthy. What you did is a great thing, and whereas it won't be easy at first it is so totally worth it. It helps me when I take time to breathe deeply and say to myself "today is another day of your amazing healthy life" and then reflect on all the things I will get to enjoy now that I am getting healthy. Motivations, I know, are different for everyone. For me, it is the promise I will be healthy enough to have children one day and until then play and keep up with my niece and nephews. I hope you can find your true drive in this, the very thing you want most. And if you need help, someone to talk to, or just reassurance that it IS worth it and will be OK, I am here for you!

Best wishes!